Spring Weather 2023

unbelievable, had to postpone a Pico weekend a month and half ago, when the temps dipped to -25 , they graciously allowed a credit. So was to leave Friday to ski Saturday and Sunday, everyone predicting serious rain for Saturday, may just eat the rental

Saturday will feature very warm temperatures, followed by a strong cold front (think last night) that could feature sever weather (ala lightning), before changing to a brief burst of snow. I don't know the timing yet, so Saturday could be good.

Saturday will feature very warm temperatures, followed by a strong cold front (think last night) that could feature sever weather (ala lightning), before changing to a brief burst of snow. I don't know the timing yet, so Saturday could be good.
Sat looks wet

Ya, it looks like rain early AM, then cloudy before the front arrives in the PM. I wouldn't try skiing on that day, unless it was in my backyard.

I'd love some help keeping an eye on the next two weeks for corn opportunities at Gore and/or Plattekill. Weekdays included. Maybe we (semi) organize some kind of gathering.

3” of H2O this weekend, is it possible that the summits of Stowe, Jay Peak, & Mount Washington could see some snow? I think yes.

Harv is correct in that this time of year, it’s all about picking a good day (warm, but not too warm, maybe a nice light freeze overnight to maintain snow quality, maybe an inch or two of snow to make the surface creamy). I went to Gore on Tuesday & it was incredible. 6 Rumor Laps & some tree exploration was good for the soul.

Harv, petition Platty to add “Perfect Spring Day” pop up openings in addition to “Powder Days”

3” of H2O this weekend, is it possible that the summits of Stowe, Jay Peak, & Mount Washington could see some snow? I think yes.

Harv is correct in that this time of year, it’s all about picking a good day (warm, but not too warm, maybe a nice light freeze overnight to maintain snow quality, maybe an inch or two of snow to make the surface creamy). I went to Gore on Tuesday & it was incredible. 6 Rumor Laps & some tree exploration was good for the soul.

Harv, petition Platty to add “Perfect Spring Day” pop up openings in addition to “Powder Days”
Finding the perfect spring day, especially to end a season, is probably the most difficult thing to do in skiing.

Finding the perfect spring day, especially to end a season, is probably the most difficult thing to do in skiing.
As a flatlander for sure. Life has kept me off the hill for two weeks, this weekend I was hoping, but the weather gods not exactly cooperating. Still optimistic, hoping for 2 or 3 spring days.

Next week looks to be sunny past midweek (Thur-Sun) as of now.
Should be some corny days coming.

Back