Spring Weather 2023

Spring in the central Adirondacks, NYS Mesonet this am: 28 Old Forge, 30 Tupper Lake with frost both mornings. Heavy enough to cause leaf damage on many trees.

inmasirny_.gif

This thing has been spinning in place for days it seems...

View attachment 20379
This thing has been spinning in place for days it seems...
Aren't we now in "Summer" weather? Coulda fooled me, yesterday morning Old Forge dropped to 30 and Tupper Lake to 32 according to NYS Mesonet site. After close to 90 on Friday. And this week will see a couple days that wont get to 60. No happy medium, Summer in the Adirondacks.

Due to Canadian wildfires in Ontario and Quebec the air quality in Northern New York today is horrible.
Yesterday it was pretty bad today if I go out at all I'll have a mask on

Moreover the dense fog of the smoke is repressing heat which No doubt will affect what scant rainfall was predicted for the region. Course golf courses and lawns are rapidly Browning up

If you're in the region which would include the Dacks be safe guys

In case anybody is wondering why it is so cold this spring in the east, it is because we installed a Mitsubishi split A/C system 6 weeks ago. We used to have window units. It has only been needed 3 times this spring. The low was 54F last night and it is now 62F at 8:54am.

You're welcome.;)

We had a low of 44 one night last week. walked the dog in sweats and a puffy. When I got home from work it was in the upper 80's :oops: haven't turned on the AC yet

Back