Spring Weather 2022

Forecasts at elevation.

Belle:
Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 8.13.08 AM.png

Gore:
Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 8.13.34 AM.png

Whiteface:
Screen Shot 2022-04-07 at 8.13.49 AM.png

I generally like the OnTheSnow app but their weather forecasts are awful. More often, I am seeing wildly exaggerated snow forecasts. Check these out for Whiteface and Stowe for today. Seems like the snow forecast would be high on their list to get right.

Attachments

• IMG_2794.PNG
    IMG_2794.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2793.PNG
    IMG_2793.PNG
    938.8 KB · Views: 77
I generally like the OnTheSnow app but their weather forecasts are awful. More often, I am seeing wildly exaggerated snow forecasts. Check these out for Whiteface and Stowe for today. Seems like the snow forecast would be high on their list to get right.
computer generated..they are like you said Awful...

I haven't looked at OnTheSnow forecasts for years. OpenSnow is a lot more useful.

Probably not relevant for most readers around here, but here is the OpenSnow forecast that is making a difference for me and my ski buddies in the next week.

Yesterday and today are spring skiing, with temps in the 40s even high up at Alta/Snowbird. Have a ski buddy who arrives in SLC on April 10. She picked the right week for a late season trip to LCC.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 6.54.45 AM.png

The 10 day is very favorable for most western locals. CO a bit on the light side, but upwards of 4 feet in the PNW. I’ll probably book a trip somewhere for the weekend of the 23rd/24th. I’m not letting the ski season go, who wants to join me?

Won't feel like spring at all for the next few days in LCC/BCC. Daytime highs will be well under 25.

The deep red in Utah is right over Alta/Snowbird. Guess keeping my ski buddy company until closing day on Sunday, April 17 was a good idea after all. My original departure date was Thursday. Best powder days should be Wednesday thru Saturday.

Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 10.30.18 PM.jpg

Back