Spring Weather 2022

EB394E14-B9D4-469A-92FB-DE87A95C66F5.jpeg

Pretty good scenery for an evening ride!

On the weather front…chalk the scenery tonight up to some huge plume of dust or something moving across the country, I think. They said it could make for some great sunsets the next couple days.

Yellowstone park closed.
Montana is flooding.
Hope folks stay safe.

Last edited:
Yellowstone park closed.
Montana is flooding.
Hope folks stay safe.
I know this area very well. When I lived in Cooke City, Gardner is where we “went to town”. It’s sad to see it all washed out, especially the beloved Boiling River. The Beartooths, in addition to spring melt, got 6 feet of snow and then 5 inches of rain.
When you live amidst the beauty of the mountains and valleys you understand it’s this exact process that creates them. God bless the people of Southwest Montana and those who are fortunate to call Yellowstone home, they are some of the most resilient people I’ve ever known. Such a dramatic place.

Last edited:
I know this area very well. When I lived in Cooke City, Gardner is where we “went to town”. It’s sad to see it all washed out, especially the beloved Boiling River. The Beartooths, in addition to spring melt, got 6 feet of snow and then 5 inches of rain.
When you live amidst the beauty of the mountains and valleys you understand it’s this exact process that creates them. God bless the people of Southwest Montana and those who are fortunate to call Yellowstone home, they are some of the most resilient people I’ve ever known. Such a dramatic place.
i was in sw montana and yellowstone exactly a year ago..geeze

From the boys at NWS BOS

this
means that for folks with plans to go hiking in the White Mountains
or the Adirondack High Peaks, it will be cold enough to snow above
5000 ft! So be prepared for winter conditions just three days shy of
the summer solstice.

Back