Spring Weather 2022

8 or so inches this morning and no power. I am at work, because there is power and a shower! And, my house was 55 degrees when I left, which is a bit chilly. NYSEG is still assessing when my power will be back on. I heard a chain saw not far from my house around 5 am this morning. When I was leaving for work, an EMT truck was blocking the road where I heard the chain saw. It looked like it hadn't been plowed, so there must have been a tree blocking the road.

All that said, it sure was pretty!

Snow 4-19-22.jpg

I don’t have anything as high tech as a ruler here...but I think it’s close to a foot here on the SW edge of the ADK

Attachments

• 33ECC2A2-0683-4803-B4A3-FEB9E05F34C6.jpeg
    33ECC2A2-0683-4803-B4A3-FEB9E05F34C6.jpeg
    240.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 5BD4CF70-B342-4F5C-AF48-3C47250213CB.jpeg
    5BD4CF70-B342-4F5C-AF48-3C47250213CB.jpeg
    294.3 KB · Views: 71
I don’t have anything as high tech as a ruler here...but I think it’s close to a foot here on the SW edge of the ADK

What are those percentages?

Big Mac earlier this am:

webcam.jpg

Estimated snowfall:

snowfall.png

What are those percentages?

Big Mac earlier this am:

View attachment 14706
Those stick figures/percentages are props I use in a SnowDay predictor app that I'm building. Higher the chance of a snow day, higher up the snow goes on the stick figure. I've already got an app out there, called RUClosed, that tracks closings all over the country (no kidding, check it out...shameless plug :). This new predictor app would be more on the fun side, simpler to use, and intended for the school kids.

Those stick figures/percentages are props I use in a SnowDay predictor app that I'm building. Higher the chance of a snow day, higher up the snow goes on the stick figure. I've already got an app out there, called RUClosed, that tracks closings all over the country (no kidding, check it out...shameless plug :). This new predictor app would be more on the fun side, simpler to use, and intended for the school kids.
Ya can learn something new everyday @ the NYskiblogmagazineforumthingy

Back