Snow Ridge Conditions

I think the Ridge is about to be firing off! Was up there on Sunday and conditions are starting to get really good.
P1140023.JPG

There was about 4 inches or so of fresh lake effect. Despite the rain last weekend the base was solid albeit a little crunchy. We mostly stuck to the north and south slope faces.

P1140172.JPG

There was a good mix of sun and then complete whiteouts of snow. I did dip into the Silver Glades and coverage was surprisingly good. Despite some twigs sticking up out of the snow I didn't hit anything hard or ever see dirt.

20240114_120331.jpg

My gut tells me they are going to get a lot more snow this week. If it all adds up I can see them running the snow pocket t-Bar this upcoming weekend. Fingers crossed

Last edited:
I think the Ridge is about to be firing off! Was up there on Sunday and conditions are starting to get really good.
View attachment 22705

There was about 4 inches or so of fresh lake effect. Despite the rain last weekend the base was solid albeit a little crunchy. We mostly stuck to the north and south slope faces.

View attachment 22706
There was a good mix of sun and then complete whiteouts of snow. I did dip into the Silver Glades and coverage was surprisingly good. Despite some twigs sticking up out of the snow I didn't hit anything hard or ever see dirt.

View attachment 22707

My gut tells me they are going to get a lot of more snow this week. If it all adds up I can see them running the snow pocket t-Bar this upcoming weekend. Fingers cross
Nice!
One of the boys asked me to meet him at his place as he was going to The Ridge today.
One of these days...

Never been up to Snow Ridge, but I've heard good things and it's on my Indy pass. I'll be up at Greek on Saturday so I'm thinking about going on Sunday. Is it worth a 2-hour drive, especially when I could be at Platty in an hour and a half?

Maybe SR or Mac. Mac is a much easier drive for me especially in the snow. Sunday... yea.

I was there yesterday (Sunday). Started snowing just north of Utica and did not stop - haven’t skied that much powdery snow in years, what a blast!

Attachments

• IMG_7076.jpeg
    IMG_7076.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7069.jpeg
    IMG_7069.jpeg
    435.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7080.jpeg
    IMG_7080.jpeg
    316.9 KB · Views: 59
Back