Season Passes

Here's an easier way to understand Epic pass options for 2022-23. Stowe is limited to 5/10 days for the Northeast pass options.

Folks in western PA will not only have access to the three ski areas/resorts recently bought by VR, they will be able to get unlimited access to the other PA locations and those in New England. So will the people who have the Ohio Epic ski areas as their home mountains. But not those in IN or MO, where Peak Resorts got started.

Bottom line from the initial cost perspective only is that Ikon > Epic > MCP > Indy, assuming the non-regional Ikon or Epic options.

Just found out that the “ Gold “ pass at Big Sky will be $2300 next season. Up $300 from this season and they are not giving gold passes their own parking lot. The gold pass includes IKON and unlimited tram access. There’s a bunch of other options but they don’t have the tram access.
I don’t know how to explain this to my wife. They aren’t pricing me out but they’re after my wife.
The corp wants less locals in the tram line. It was an hour and fifteen minutes yesterday on a powder day.

Taos increased most passes for adult by about $100. The most expensive pass is Kachina Plus w/Ikon Base and MCP reciprocity 50% for $1695. Introduced a new pass called High Noon that's good every afternoon after 12:00pm except for holiday blackout dates. Same price as the Midweek Mon-Thu pass at $485 for ages 36-64, $360 for 18-35, $465 for 65-79.

Of the places I've skied in the northeast in recent years, Jiminy Peak stood out as being a little different. Here's what JP is doing for 2022-23 season passes. The Twilight pass starts at 3pm, which is unusual. I'm used to night skiing starting at 4pm or later. JP has a range of trails with lights so can be quite fun.

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 11.45.24 AM.png

They used to have “night skiing” start at 6 and “twilight” at 3. Maybe there’s no “night” season pass?

They used to have “night skiing” start at 6 and “twilight” at 3. Maybe there’s no “night” season pass?
There is definitely no "night" pass. Since night skiing is over for the season, couldn't find prices for anything but 8-hour tickets on the JP website.

When I was at JP several years ago for a big snowstorm, met a guy on the lift who had bought a Twilight ticket. His mother still lived in the area and he happened to be visiting. He used to work at JP. Had a good time following him at high speed down the blue on the side near the JP Lodge. With the detachable 6-pack, can get in a lot of runs when the place is empty.

I think you know what I think of that 6 pack. It ruined the place for weekenders. Frankly the number of skiers they pack into that place on a weekend is what makes me think Brodie could be viable again.

Back