Saddleback and Sugarloaf, ME: 3/6 - 3/8/23

Indy has to work on that. The technology is there. I go straight to lift with Ikon, if RIFD, and if a "start up" like Saddleback can figure it out, they can, I'm pretty sure.

Indy has to work on that. The technology is there. I go straight to lift with Ikon, if RIFD, and if a "start up" like Saddleback can figure it out, they can, I'm pretty sure.
Indy already has a plan for next year. They are going to mail out RFID cards to pass holders that work at their partner resorts using the new company's ticketing system. I assume that Indy areas not part of that ticketing system are on their own.

Ingenious business strategy, backing into Indy like that and then buying them out. Ingenious in a weird way that I am not entirely comfortable with, but ingenious either way. At the very least, a single RFID card (mailed before the season begins) that works at most Indy areas will really help.

That is only going to solve part of Saddleback's ticketing problems, though. I got the feeling that most people waiting in line were not waiting for Indy Pass tickets.

Well, somebody has to tell them about the internet. Bet they were searching around for wickets, too.

Stuart interviews Jim Quimby, the GM of Saddleback. Great stuff.

Pretty sure this interview happened on our really windy day there.

And this is the interview he did with Andy Shepard, the previous GM who started the rebuilding during Covid.

Damn, 6 months too late to have saved me $600 on a new set of tires:

The mid mountain Lodge was being built when we were there. Won an award of sorts.

Back