Recommendations for 2nd Ski (Start of a quiver)

I remember when long skis were considered best.
IMO, they still are. I always buy the longest ski that they make in whatever ski I'm looking to purchase. That said they ain't too long anymore. I think my Patrons are 198, the rest of my skis are all 181 to 188's.

No, the shop guys didn’t even tell me about the Bones, I noticed them sitting there and the really cheap price and asked why. Turns out they are orphans that didn’t sell last year.

Anyway, don’t know why he didn’t think the QST was worth talking about.

At least one of the online retailers implies that if you buy a ski and binding from them and give them your BSL they’ll mount them up before shipping.

Yeah but can you do jump turns??
Damn, bruh.....’course everyone can “do” a JT.

Real question is, can you throw ‘em down with steeze, everywhere on the mountain, even in places they clearly aren’t necessary?

It ain’t easy being the G....

Last edited:
At least one of the online retailers implies that if you buy a ski and binding from them and give them your BSL they’ll mount them up before shipping.
SkiEssentials will, or so the site says. That’s where I got the Ripsticks. Rushed the purchase to grab a 20% off sale (skis ended up being $442), but kinda regret not having gotten the Shifts from them, with free mounting. Yeah, after shopping for Shifts and the hassle of bringing them somewhere for mounting I’ll save a few bucks, but not that many.

Shipping from Ski Essentials was SUPER quick.

long skis truck, short skis suck!

that being said i sized down a few cm's this time around, getting old sucks too!

I’ve got the Swiss Army skis that he has listed for $795. That’s ridiculous. Someone probably fished them out of a dumpster. Mine are in perfect condition and I also have the skins. Found them at Cascade Ski Center in the consignment section for $40

Back