Poll: What changes would you like to see at your home mountain?

What changes would you like to see at your home mountain?

• More skier visits

• Less skier visits

• Skier visits stay about the same

• Day ticket prices rise

• Day ticket prices fall

• Day ticket prices stay about the same

• Join a mega-pass (Epic or Ikon)

• Withdraw or refrain from a mega-pass (Epic or Ikon)

• Join a "frequency product" like Indy

• Withdraw from a "frequency product" like Indy

• Install high speed lifts everywhere

• Install high speed lifts from the main/base lifts, fixed grip up top

• No additional high speed lifts, maintain current lifts aggressively

• Inclusive (higher) ticket prices to cover ancillaries: parking, bag check, first tracks etc

• Unbundled pricing with separate fees to cover parking, bag check, first tracks etc

• Slopeside lodging added or expanded

• Slopeside lodging prohibited or removed

• Uphill traffic allowed or expanded (modest fee)

• Uphill traffic prohibited or reduced

• Addition of snowshoeing and/or nordic sports

• Other changes not included in poll (please detail below)

• No changes, I like my mountain the way it is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
"not included".....base lodge refresh. Not a do-over.....just a refresh to make it more welcoming and less "cafe-gym-atorium"
I'd say that every ski area that that's older than 10 years needs major work. These places take a lot of abuse. Every older area I've skied needs a deep cleaning as well as major painting, repair or replacement of: trail signs, lockers, carpets, bathrooms, and furniture. And you guys really don't want to know how much deferred maintenance there is in places the public doesn't see. Staff, instructor and patrol workspace, maintenance workshops and garages. And there is deferred maintenance on: groomers and equipment, snow mobiles, 4x4s, driveways and parking lots, snow making equipment. I would bet that at least one lift at every resort needs a major overhaul. You name it, it probably needs to be repaired or replaced if it's owned by a ski resort!

Here's a comprehensive list for Killington:

1. More snowmaking capacity. Yes, they already make a lot of snow, but there's also a lot of terrain that has snowmaking pipe but rarely gets any attention. They need to be able to pump more water, and have a more efficient system with more fan guns and other fixed equipment.

2. Replacement and upgrade of Ramshead, Snowshed, and Superstar lifts. All 3 are old and Ramshead and Snowshed need more capacity, like a lot more. Ramshead at least needs to be a bubble chair because it's brutally cold, and it wouldn't hurt to have bubbles on the other two either. Ramshead should also probably be extended back to the original summit.

3. Aggressively build more lodging, both within the currently announced Village and Bear Base Camp projects, and in other locations. Specifically, I think the Great Eastern, Home Stretch, and Bearly trails need more lodging built along them. Great Eastern already has some but the others don't. In my opinion, the focus should be on hotel-style lodging at the Village, and the others should be condos and townhouses. Additionally, there should be more frequent bus service on the access road to better serve the existing lodging there.

Polls are fun.

Do you bitch about your home mountain?
Do you bitch about other mountains, including the ones you don’t ski?
Do you want to bitch more or less about them?
Why are you such a bitch?

Please tell us how you feel.

Last edited:
Ski resorts try to make snow on trails. Lots of pipes lots of pressure. What if they took the energy and put the entire mountain under a snow storm. Hmmmm
I didn't vote cause I don't consider myself to a downhill skier anymore.

Polls are fun.

Since ya had to ask,
To reiterate,
Maybe.
✅More cold snap weather and snow. Enough to run Ptarmigan again and/or Diamond Cutter.
✅Where’d they put that dang lake effect too? Just need some cold moderate NW winds.
How about a bone from NYS for energy&cost efficient $nowmaking too?

Not really a bitch but,
Folks used to be allowed to ski till 4 in the morning on Friday Night Freakouts at Song.
Had to be < $5.
Maybe. The gondola shoulda went to the top like the redheaded one did.
Gore’s lodge: It’s institutional looking. There’s gotta be some Adirondack local craft-builder-artists ya could throw a bone too,
Those were technically were more observable hopes than bitches.
I’m not, but do live with 2 sometimes.They’re great dogs.
I feel fine. I had fun skiing today. Thank you.

Polls are fun.

Right?
I felt my request to open the bar 1hr earlier was quiet reasonable. LoL

My home mountain is Gore, being skiing there 20+ days for the last few years, prior to that was more of a nomad. Learned as a kid at Thunder Ridge (Big Birch), Jiminy Peak and Stratton. Taught the kids at Mt Peter.

For mostly selfish reasons I would love it if ORDA entered into some sort of reciprocal pass agreement, I really want to show the kids what it's like skiing out west, but between being beholden to school vacations and already being invested in a Ski3 it's hard to justify the cost.

In so far as infrastructure changes, I would love to see it easier to get to Burnt Ridge at Gore and more connection to the ski bowl. Some of that is weather dependent. Otherwise I don't see too many changes needed.

Bristol... They have the lodges, snow making and lift capacity. This is easy and a low cost fix, fill the paper towel dispensers and soap dispensers in the bathrooms.

Back