Pico, VT: 2/4/22

No, it looked a little skied off and overly crowded by the time I peered in that direction. There was plenty of fun to be had in the woods anyways.

Great pix. I've had a couple days like that at Pico. I always forward shots like those to arrogant westerners who think that the East Coast is all ice all the time.
funny a week ago Tuesday my son played hooky from work and met a buddy of mine and me at Hunter. We have all skied out west numerous times. With no crowds, a few inches of fresh, and sunny blue skies at 25 degrees we all remarked that on that day often mocked Hunter replicated some of the best skiing we have had out West.

Anyone who knows Hunter doesn't mock it's terrain, Weekends it the front side is usually too crowded, and since it is in the Cats, snow can vary from great to scary and sometimes in the same day. I wish Vail would treat it better, it is the gateway ski area for about 20 million people. Westside except for Claires and Way-out, is just wasted space, needs a serious update and would make Hunter top notch, but that would take serious bucks, I'm lucky can ski during the week, but that took 50years of working to get there, persist Brownski, persist.

Back