NY Snowmobile Conditions

Does anyone know what the old ski area in Salisbury used to be? It has a log cabin, looks like an old lodge, and what looks to be a rope tow. I've been by this place a couple times now and never seem to stop and get a pic. I def looks like someone has maintained the place, and is there from time to time. It's a cool spot.

Does anyone know what the old ski area in Salisbury used to be? It has a log cabin, looks like an old lodge, and what looks to be a rope tow. I've been by this place a couple times now and never seem to stop and get a pic. I def looks like someone has maintained the place, and is there from time to time. It's a cool spot.
Might be Pine Ridge , listed in Lost Ski Areas of the Southern Adirondacks

Might be Pine Ridge , listed in Lost Ski Areas of the Southern Adirondacks
Could also be GOLD MINE HILL in Salisbury Corners ( same book pp 92-96 for both areas ) Apparently Pine Ridge is regularly "poached " ???

Btw have several of the Lost ski area books , fun reading . Got a new one this week called WHITE MAGIC tg ehistory of Snow Ridge ,beaucoup pics and great vignettes from old timers

I collect a lot of OLD ski books , mostly huge coffee table pictorials with side bar stories . Also have several older ski area maps , ski paintings , signs etc .

The Queen painted a watercolor ski scene of our family xc skiing for me ...its a thing . She is a watercolorist and has done some really cool stuff , still lifes , old homes , etc.

The Queen painted a watercolor ski scene of our family xc skiing for me ...its a thing . She is a watercolorist and has done some really cool stuff ,
Pic?

image.jpeg

Its 11 by 14 a light handed water color of our family and our Lab Thor the wonder dog xc skiing bringing in our xmas tree . Very Faintly in the background is an Azure mountain scene which is strictly artists "license ?" .. The actual locus was nearby but we needed to get a mountain in there hahahaha

That’s beautiful! Thanks for sharing

Back