NY Ski Area Closing Dates 2022

Lists lists lists. You should aggregate the data from the last few years and do a “which NY resorts stay open the longest blog” post. Good summer content right there

My thinking:

If they said they were closed for the season at 9am on 3/23, they probably closed on 3/22 unless the had gone to weekends only.

If they said they were closed for the season at 5pm on 3/23, they probably closed on 3/23 unless the had gone to weekends only.
My last day of skiing at Lab was Sat March 19, 2022 and the hill closed at 4:30pm. Labrador opened on Monday March 21 for business and closed at 4:30pm That was the LAST DAY OF SKIING.... PERIOD (For Labrador) ! They did not operate on 3/22/2022 and website was updated (CLOSED FOR SEASON) this am. (3/23/2022) ????

Thanks man, I'm using 3/21.

I know this isn't NY, but Pico is closing after this Sunday. Since so many of us ski VT, can we start a list for them too?

I know this isn't NY, but Pico is closing after this Sunday. Since so many of us ski VT, can we start a list for them too?

I thought over time it (NY) could be valuable. It's a significant amount of work.

No doubt VT is important to us all.

If you want to start it, and maintain it for the next ten or twenty years I'm cool with that, and I'll make a place for it. What I do is record everything I see on social media, and ask for everyone's help. (Not getting much help this year for some reason.) Then when the season is done, I go to the Facebook page and send a message to each mountain, to try to fill in what's missing.

Be very interesting to be able to look back on Killington, and also I think one year Jay beat Killington?

I thought over time it (NY) could be valuable. It's a significant amount of work.

No doubt VT is important to us all.

If you want to start it, and maintain it for the next ten or twenty years I'm cool with that, and I'll make a place for it. What I do is record everything I see on social media, and ask for everyone's help. (Not getting much help this year for some reason.) Then when the season is done, I go to the Facebook page and send a message to each mountain, to try to fill in what's missing.

Be very interesting to be able to look back on Killington, and also I think one year Jay beat Killington?
I want to restate this, apologies if it sounded snark:

This is a good idea that I have had myself more than a few times.

The reason I haven't done it is that, the way my ocd is, once I do it, I'll feel like I have to do it forever.

(I'm also tracking Gore's snowfall, another anchor. I feel like it does have some value, to some extent you can look at the overview and remember the good years in NY.)

Almost gave up on the NY edition this year, but I just couldn't do it.

In three years I'll be retired and I could easily do NY and VT then.

If you want to help me, I'll set up the grid and we can do it. Help me for 3 years, and after that I'll do it on my own.

Hay Harvey, you should probably take Toggenburg off of your list since they no longer exist.

I hate the end of ski season. I once told a non-skier "Now I am just like the rest of the mere mortals." That didn't go over well.

Togg stays!

along with Hickory, Tuxedo Ridge...

You can never get off the list!

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 8.40.49 PM.png

I want to restate this, apologies if it sounded snark:

This is a good idea that I have had myself more than a few times.

The reason I haven't done it is that, the way my ocd is, once I do it, I'll feel like I have to do it forever.

(I'm also tracking Gore's snowfall, another anchor. I feel like it does have some value, to some extent you can look at the overview and remember the good years in NY.)

Almost gave up on the NY edition this year, but I just couldn't do it.

In three years I'll be retired and I could easily do NY and VT then.

If you want to help me, I'll set up the grid and we can do it. Help me for 3 years, and after that I'll do it on my own.
I'm game, I'm heading to Pico right now. I will be out of the country for a week though.

Back