Most Underrated Ski Towns

Take photos!

My great uncle was a member at CCC for 50 years up through the early 90s. I never forgave him for not inviting me to play a round.
Better late than never on the requested pics.
We had two foursomes and it ended up tied (2 best balls of 4).
They had more birdies so we lost $3.

Drive in straight.
IMG_0318.jpeg

The kids were playing golf when we got there with the train tracks and 81 nearby.
IMG_0320.jpeg

Big rock behind the 1st tee so's ya know where ya are.
IMG_0321.jpeg

The course was in great shape with bent grass fairays.

On the way home I met the two brothers I ski with @ Heuga’s Alpine at Song and had a fine dinner using the season pass $25 gift card.
The younger one had a crutch as he broke a little bone in his foot but should be good to go. Letitsnow❄️
IMG_0322.jpeg

A good time was had by all.

Homer, NY has 3 ski hills nearby, without lift lines, plenty of parking, good eats and beverages available.
All within a 20 min. drive with little if any traffic.
Lake effect ❄️ available when it blows cold too.
Finger lakes are nearby and there’s lots of nice farms, orchards and vineyards.
The fishing and golfing are good too.
Cortland Country Club is actually in the Town of Homer, so there’s that too.

img_0318-jpeg.jpg

Thanks for the pix. That's ^^ as close as I got to playing there. I like the rail siding with the freight train parked alongside the fairway.
If ya really sliced one and got the correct bounce off a tank car ya could get backin play.
The 7th is a short par 4 but the green runs away from ya.

When I lived in Saratoga Springs and thought that was cold, and, it was a lot, especially in early Spring when you've been teased with a 55-60 degree two or three day stretch already, but then it drops to 10 degree mornings, there was always the reports coming in from Saranac Lake to make you feel a little better, because they always beat us by ten degrees less.

When I lived in Saratoga Springs and thought that was cold, and, it was a lot, especially in early Spring when you've been teased with a 55-60 degree two or three day stretch already, but then it drops to 10 degree mornings, there was always the reports coming in from Saranac Lake to make you feel a little better, because they always beat us by ten degrees less.
LOLZ. Benny, a few years ago, there was a wicked cold snap in Saranac Lake and the water pipes froze. I'm not talking about the pipes in houses, I'm talking about municipal water infrastructure.

Welcome to the North Country Peter.

Back