Most Underrated Ski Towns

Homer, NY has 3 ski hills nearby, without lift lines, plenty of parking, good eats and beverages available.
All within a 20 min. drive with little if any traffic.
Lake effect ❄️ available when it blows cold too.
Finger lakes are nearby and there’s lots of nice farms, orchards and vineyards.
The fishing and golfing are good too.

Homer, NY
Ski Town USA! (for the record, I dig Homer)

4d380d69-cdb5-4b95-8ab4-9347ef746cf5.jpg

How many people here are old enough to remember the Greek Peak sign while driving on 81 south past the Homer exit? That was 25 years before I started downhill skiing but back then I assumed from the majestic name that it was, like, Whiteface-sized.

When I eventually skied there in the early 00s, I remember looking at it from the base and thinking, "that's it?" Of course, that was before I hit the trees on a knee-deep powder day and loved it.

Last edited:
One of the underrated ski towns is North Creek.
"Despite its excellent skiing opportunities, Gore Mountain is relatively unknown to most skiers."

I wonder why Gore Mountain is relatively unknown to most skiers?
There are only 30 million people who live within 4 hours from Gore.

"Despite its excellent skiing opportunities, Gore Mountain is relatively unknown to most skiers."

I admit it. I was trolling.

ever try to park at gore on a Saturday morning? it feels like 30 million people are trying to find a parking spot. bet the clown who wrote this article has never been to north creek

Back