Market Philosophy

I’m calling the bottom. Back into 100% stocks for future retirement investments.

Let’s go.
Lol
Inflation is running amuck
The housing market bubble is about to burst.
And Putin is in a bind.
Not looking good

I’m calling the bottom. Back into 100% stocks for future retirement investments.

Let’s go.

I like the way you roll because you are only really making a very small change, with future contributions.

The other side would be... if you are willing to buy stock "on the way up" then why not on the way down?

What are you seeing that makes you think we are at bottom?

Reactions: MC2
What are you seeing that makes you think we are at bottom?
Companies are making record profits including Oil companies and the chip shortage will soon be over and the car market and other chip dependent industries will be back on their feet.
Agree that if I buy now it may go down farther but it will go back up past the buy price and outperform other options in the long run. Buy low. Sell high. Right now it's low.

Reactions: MC2
The housing market bubble is about to burst.
not seeing this. inventory is low. I do not see it rising anytime soon. people who have paid off there homes and want to down size have no good options. those homes are not coming to market like they did in the past. my neighborhood is full of old people living in two story homes. They don't want to be their but no affordable options for them. I don't see any large housing developments being built in my area. will price increases level off or drop slightly? sure. but a bubble..... no way. people are making good money. our local steak house was packed last Wednesday, that segment of the economy is not missing a beat. i am not opening my monthly financial statements. to depressing. this is my 3rd or 4th crash and my stocks are worth more now then ever. this too shall pass.

it may go down farther but it will go back up past the buy price and outperform other options in the long run.
I'm all about this.

not seeing this. inventory is low. I do not see it rising anytime soon. people who have paid off there homes and want to down size have no good options. those homes are not coming to market like they did in the past. my neighborhood is full of old people living in two story homes. They don't want to be their but no affordable options for them. I don't see any large housing developments being built in my area. will price increases level off or drop slightly? sure. but a bubble..... no way. people are making good money. our local steak house was packed last Wednesday, that segment of the economy is not missing a beat. i am not opening my monthly financial statements. to depressing. this is my 3rd or 4th crash and my stocks are worth more now then ever. this too shall pass.
Fly into denver...It's a bubble...There is no way on this earth they will sell all those units..
from what i have heard the entire SW is like that too..

This all stinks like 2008...Everything was roaring along until it wasn't...I'm not saying someone young like MC shouldn't keep investing..
As far as the restaurant industry goes..5$ gas will slow that down..It's also real scary what is happening to grain prices..

car market
The car market won't be the same for a few years, if ever. Meaning I doubt we'll see inventory levels as high as they were pre-pandemic. Manufactures learned a lot, as did dealers. Rental car companies lived of the factory fat for too many years and that has all changed. Most likely forever.

I read car manufactures are bring their inventory down to 30 days instead of 60-90

Camp can you explain this?

Rental car companies would buy directly from the manufacture, or fleet deals as they call it. There is such a demand from dealers for inventory that it will be years and years, if ever, fleet deals become a thing again. Now rental car companies are having to buy at dealer auctions and they are paying the moon ++++ for their cars. They're so desperate that I get calls daily from them asking me to sell them inventory. Uh, that's a hard no. Their remarketing departments are now losing money vs making money. Hertz, Avis, and Enterprise are the ones currently driving used car prices to insane levels. I watch it every day and laugh.

Back