Les 3 Vallees, France: Jan 2022

Well done, Face. Those pictures are exceptional. The vast, treeless vista contrasted by fresh lettuce on a plate. It's a great time to be alive.
There seems to be a pecking order in how an area's size is measured. Number of lifts --> skiable acres --> square miles --> number of valleys. There could be a French Home Alone movie made there. "Chez-moi, seule."
Incroyable!

That was sick dude!

I’d be more than happy to shred groomers under the sun and take in those views. I can’t imagine having a complaint either Face.

The Euro on mountain apres bar party thing is one of my bucket list items. I’m not a big partier anymore but I’ve gotta roll into one of those.

Thanks for the TR Face, that was awesome.

The Euro on mountain apres bar party thing is one of my bucket list items. I’m not a big partier anymore but I’ve gotta roll into one of those.
I can't say that I ever was a "big partier" ... the photos that Camp posted in the NYS Snowmobile Conditions thread are much more my speed ... beer, pizza, wings ... what more do you need!

That said, it certainly was fun to spend a little time in a different world. While we were enjoying the show, these guys (and others) were flying by and getting what I'm sure was a pretty awesome view!!!

Screen Shot 2022-02-06 at 4.46.12 AM.png

Ha, The first time I did Europe was in 19, pre covid, with a Westchester ski club, and it was right around the corner from there. Val d'Siere/Tignes one week and Le Plagne/Les Arc the next week. We could see Courchavel from a deck on the back side of Le Plagne, sipping fine wine for lunch. Yes, it's pretty frigging huge and pretty friggin beautiful, pretty much the same stuff you had in your pictures. The only downside I encountered was bad weather, and all of that above tree line stuff is pretty useless in that. Le Plagne had some trees on the Bottom, which made it the most skiable in a storm.

Did you socialize and eat meals with the ski club members? Were they all old? Ski clubs are not young. But the deals are pretty awesome. Not the best of flights (the Westchester club has encountered "Mechanical delays" more than once, and flights back are ungodly early departures) but the hotels are three star nice with half board, five course dinners. Nice. And, as you say, ski out or close to lifts.

Those people party. Val d'Siere had an open disco on the hill like the one you had. It was a production. Dancers on pedestals to Euro trash. disco pop. Everyone starts drinking there at, oh, 2, and it continues until 3 in the morning in the indoor discos in town. You'd hear them coming home. I totally understood how Covid spread so fast in those ski towns early in the pandemic.

Last edited:
Back