Les 3 Vallees, France: Jan 2022

Great pix and report. I'll make it to Les 3 Vallées eventually.

We had a flight booked from Newark to Dulles, and then from Dulles to Geneva
That sucks about having to connect through Dulles and the buzzkill flight/luggage problems. If there's a next time, fly nonstop from Newark to Geneva, Zurich, or Milan and your luggage will always arrive with you!

Fantastic report!!!!
I always carry my boots as a carry on, stuff underwear and ski clothes in The bag too

That sucks about having to connect through Dulles and the buzzkill flight/luggage problems. If there's a next time, fly nonstop from Newark to Geneva, Zurich, or Milan and your luggage will always arrive with you!
Our flight was originally booked as a non-stop from Newark. The airline changed it on us 3 or 4 weeks prior to our departure. They gave us the option to make a change, but we'd have to pay the difference, and the only non-stop from the New York area was $600 more!!!

I won't name the airline, but they're a big airline that typically flies out of Terminal C at Newark.

I also left out the drama of getting home due to the weather on Saturday ...

Long story short ... I flew into Dulles, rented a car there, and then drove to Newark to get my car and drive home.

For what it's worth ... your reports over the years on this blog (and I think you may have been on SkiADK back in the day) of your trips to Europe were definitely an inspiration.

I've always read your reports and have longed to experience it for myself. I was always reluctant to go on my own, and with the opportunity presented by the group trip, it was time to pull the trigger.

Looking forward to the rest of your reports from your current trip.

A Bucket List Item Completed
We boarded the plane to Dulles … It was time to go … maybe not! Shortly after we boarded the plane, the pilot informed us of a mechanical issue. Long story short … we would not be able to make our connection in Dulles to Geneva.
More than 4 hours later, all 27 of us were rebooked onto other flights into Madrid, Lisbon, Frankfurt & Zurich, and then onto Geneva. We joked that it was like the Amazing Race. I was part of Team Lisbon.

The trails went on forever, and they were so much fun to just rip down. It wasn't about how much vertical we skied, or mileage, or anything else … it was just about enjoying the moments as they presented themselves. The entire point of a trip like this was to just enjoy it, and that's what we did.
It’s not always how ya start but how ya finish and the fun in between.
Beautiful trip. Gonna try to get to Yurp, Tirol again someday. Have yet to ski there. Yer report is inspirational.

Great trip report. Your excellent descriptions allowed me to follow along on the Les 3 Vallees map.

I won't name the airline, but they're a big airline that typically flies out of Terminal C at Newark. I also left out the drama of getting home due to the weather on Saturday. Long story short ... I flew into Dulles, rented a car there, and then drove to Newark to get my car and drive home.
I've been flying United out of EWR for the past 17 years and have never had any trouble with them but am curious how they could pull a bait and switch with your ski group like that.

Because I needed to use up some remaining AA miles, I flew out of JFK on Friday. Everything ran like clockwork; however, 24 hours later it would've been a different story.

Back