How Many Ski Areas Have You Skied?

NY: Belleayre, Hunter, Windham, Platty, WF, Gore
VT: Mt. Snow, Stowe, Killington, Pico, Suicide Six, Magic, Sugarbush, Jay, Burke, Bolton, MRG, Okemo, Stratton, Bromley, Ascutney (Skinned), Middlebury
NH: Wildcat
MA: Berkshire East
CA: Squaw, Heavenly (in July)
CO: Breck, Keystone, Vail, Beaver Creek, A-basin, Copper, Steamboat, Crested Butte, Telluride
UT: Parkcity/Canyons, Snowbird, Alta, Sundance, Powder Mtn (life changing)
WY: Jackson, Grand Targhee (also life changing)
MT: Bigsky/Moonlite Basin, Bridger Bowl
WV: Snowshoe
Canada: Kicking Horse
France: La Clusaz, Chamonix, Val Disere
Italy: Alpe di Siusi
That's funny you use the term "life changing"--- My first western ski trip at age 55 was in 2017 and skied 3 days at Pow Mow and 2 at Park City and Snow Basin.... I'd agree Pow Mow is life changing, probably because it was my first but also the openness, no crowds, vast acreage and whole casual vibe there. My second western trip in 2018 was to Targhee and Jackson. The first two days were spent at Targhee where it dumped massive amounts of light fluffy pow before our arrival and during our first 2 ski days. Targhee was also was a life changing experience. Also a less commercial and less touristy place.

I see you skied Crested. How did you like that? It's very high on my list now. I tend to like the less commercial, less touristy type places which I think Pow Mow and Targhee fit that description. Would be interested in other destinations that are less commercial and touristy.

Thanks

That's funny you use the term "life changing"--- My first western ski trip at age 55 was in 2017 and skied 3 days at Pow Mow and 2 at Park City and Snow Basin.... I'd agree Pow Mow is life changing, probably because it was my first but also the openness, no crowds, vast acreage and whole casual vibe there. My second western trip in 2018 was to Targhee and Jackson. The first two days were spent at Targhee where it dumped massive amounts of light fluffy pow before our arrival and during our first 2 ski days. Targhee was also was a life changing experience. Also a less commercial and less touristy place.

I see you skied Crested. How did you like that? It's very high on my list now. I tend to like the less commercial, less touristy type places which I think Pow Mow and Targhee fit that description. Would be interested in other destinations that are less commercial and touristy.

Thanks
I skied CB before Vail took over, it was super laid back, not busy at all and the town is really cool. Ive since been back to ride MTB 2 summers ago and it has been built up a lot more, but same CB vibe. Give it a few more years of Vail ownership and I expect it to be like Vail/BC/Breck/Keystone. The tough part with CB is getting there from here. Next time I'm in that part of Colorado Silverton is on my list.

NY
-Kissing Bridge
-Holiday Valley
-Hunt Hollow
-Swain
-Bristol
-Brantling
- Labrador
-Song
-Toggenburg
-Greek Peak
-Snow Ridge
-Dry Hill
-Woods Valley
-Mccauley
-Titus
-Whiteface
-Gore
-West
-Hunter
-Windham
-Plattekill
-Belleayre
-Val Bialas

VT
-Jay
-Stowe
-Killington
-Mt Snow
-Stratton
-Okemo
-Pico

PA
-Big Boulder
-Blue Mountain

Canada
-Whistler Blackcomb
-Mt Tremblant

I need to get out west ......
I went to Whistler almost 7 years ago and haven't been west since. I just haven't explored anything on that side of the country.

But did forget to mention I've ridden in Poland and Slovakia!

These days all had moments:

If I had to make a top 5 Ski days(life changing)... 3 of those 5 would be east coast (Jay, Bolton,Sugarbush) Sadly this is the only photo/video I have of one of those days

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVE2jEqHvuK/

Back