Holiday Mountain Conditions

Man the love for Holiday runs deep. Quite the response to @Brownski's piece.

Stu also wrote a Holiday piece recently.

@Brownski thanks for shedding some light on this little place I pass so often and know so little about. I had just assumed Holiday became a motocross track and gave up on ski operations. At an hour fifteen from my place residence I would definitely consider a pass here if the snow making justified it. This is a cool area of NY and often overlooked for parts further north or west. I've done quite a bit of exporting in the immediate Neversink watershed, the hunting clubs to the west of the river do an impeccable job with forest management. Highly recommend the seasonally maintained roads up that way for anyone looking to explore, you'll feel like you're in a different world.

Sno shared this with me via Instagram. Apparently, you’ll get paywalled after three free articles but I don’t think that should be a problem for most people.

Sno shared this with me via Instagram. Apparently, you’ll get paywalled after three free articles but I don’t think that should be a problem for most people.

I used my 2nd free one reading about the dang Roto-Rooters fire.
Vibes to the firefighters putting out that one.

Sounds like Holiday Mtn. should make a go of it.

Somewhere there's a map that shows all the terrain they plan on reactivating and even some new trails they plan on adding. It's an aggressive plan that I hope they can follow through on.

Last edited:
I don‘t see it in that article but you just reminded me I had this in my pics

IMG_2819.jpeg

The light blue at the bottom is what they had open last year. The rest is what they want to restore and further expansion ideas

IMG_2819.jpeg

Last edited:
Oops, I posted the wrong article, but thanks for sharing the map. Are they actually cutting the trail on skier's right of the triple this year?

Back