Greek Peak Conditions

Hey did anyone see this today? He bought it for $750,000 and wants $1.5M. Me thinks Mr. Harris might settle for less?

I know that many of the locals were upset to see Toggenburg close after 68 years. While Jim Hickey willingly sold the place to the Meiers and Stemmermans, I have to wonder if he has any regrets now that the place has been shuddered. It has to be hard.

I know that many of the locals were upset to see Toggenburg close after 68 years. While Jim Hickey willingly sold the place to the Meiers and Stemmermans, I have to wonder if he has any regrets now that the place has been shuddered. It has to be hard.
I'm curious, how much did he sell it for?

I'm curious, how much did he sell it for?
Me too
There were strings attached to the sale. Hickey is a master at food and beverage. GP retained him for 3 years, or so that's what I recall. He definitely improved the F&B departments at Greek.

The sale price was never disclosed, but as Campgottagopee said, part of the deal included Jim Hickey continuing to run the Foggy Goggle at Toggenburg and consult at Greek Peak in their food and beverage department.

We also heard (and noticed) that after the Meiers sold Toggenburg to Harris, some of the snowmaking equipment and vehicles were transferred to Greek Peak.

It is a pure guess, but my speculation is that both the Meiers and Harris are taking a shared loss on the closure of Toggenburg just to divest themselves of the business and competition.

The sale price was never disclosed, but as Campgottagopee said, part of the deal included Jim Hickey continuing to run the Foggy Goggle at Toggenburg and consult at Greek Peak in their food and beverage department.

We also heard (and noticed) that after the Meiers sold Toggenburg to Harris, some of the snowmaking equipment and vehicles were transferred to Greek Peak.
Don’t know what was in the Hickey-Meiers deal but the “property” info sale date and price is listed in the county tax info.

Heading up to Greek for our indy pass day 2 tomorrow. Looking to xc ski on Sunday. Any suggestions? State forest trails?

Back