Greek Peak Conditions

boosign11302023.jpg

I stopped by mid afternoon Wednesday to grab my equipment for my trip to Killington next week. It was about 25 degrees. The snowmakers were blasting and some flakes were in the air. Looks like Alpha and Odyssey have lots of snow and will be open. I couldn't see too much else, maybe Elysian and Stoic too. Not Iliad. Hopefully the rain will NOT wash too much away tomorrow.

Sigh,
I stopped by mid afternoon Wednesday to grab my equipment for my trip to Killington next week. It was about 25 degrees. The snowmakers were blasting and some flakes were in the air. Looks like Alpha and Odyssey have lots of snow and will be open. I couldn't see too much else, maybe Elysian and Stoic too. Not Iliad. Hopefully the rain will NOT wash too much away tomorrow.

ARGH!!!!!. Trip cancelled. Went to the doctor Friday (before leaving) to follow-up on the healing process for a torn ligament in my foot. I injured it last May and it still hasn't completely healed. Its getting better, but toooooo slowly. At first I thought this was a minor injury, it didn't hurt that much. I can walk on it in good supportive shoes. The tear is a weird one, deep inside my foot, difficult to do surgery on. For 3 months I did PT. But it stopped improving, so in October he put me in a boot during the day, and now he's got me in the boot 24/7. He's seen exactly one case (me) with this injury in his career and consulted widely about it. The consensus is that this injury is so rare because normally a particular bone would break before this particular ligament would tear. Frankly, I wish I'd broken the bone. No skiing for at least next 6 weeks, may be the whole season. And gained about 10 lbs. Not good.

I WANNA go SKIING!!!

I got my bunny slope runs in this morning. I discovered a while back that if I only ski six (or seven, or eight) runs on the bunny slope my first day out that I will not be in pain the next day.

So, while I can't speak to the rest of the runs, the bunny slope was very nice. Chair 3 does stink though, literally, like grease.

I got my bunny slope runs in this morning. I discovered a while back that if I only ski six (or seven, or eight) runs on the bunny slope my first day out that I will not be in pain the next day.

So, while I can't speak to the rest of the runs, the bunny slope was very nice.
One time on Opening Day at Lab after a snowfall I just hit the rope tow cause of the dang line. Seems Song tries to open the bunny 1st with Lab opening top to bottom 1st.
It’s a start. Count it.

GP continues to impress me. According to the condition hot line, GP will be opening back up Wednesday of this week. It also says that GP will make snow everyday weather permits, for as long as it permits. I like, and appreciate, the commitment to the ski side!

Back