Gore Mountain Conditions

We stayed on the Straightbrook all morning. Certainly one of the warmest lifts at Gore.

I think this my coldest lift ride ever...anywhere.
Funny you say that…I’ve definitely been there on colder days but this one was memorably painful. I almost never duck into the WH or Saddle even on the worst days, but had to take a minute on Saturday. The wind Sunday surprised me too. The sun barely helped lol. Perhaps I’m getting softer now that I’m over 40 lol

A good thing bout Gore is there’s so many facets ya can figure out what’ll get ya outta most of the wind for the rides up. There’s almost always the dang gondola too.

Always seems to be the case. Go to the upper mountain if you don’t want to freeze 🤣
It used to be both upper mountain lifts, but the new High Peaks chair is now a freezer.

I'll call you and raise with the old Killington double to the peak on a similar day, and it stops over the top of Cascade
or the Stowe single/double. Long, slow, windy, prone to multiple stops. They did have wool ponchos for you to wear. On those sub zero days you would wear 2 on your body and one wrapped around your head. Those chairs were so cold you might have hypothermia by the time you got to the top - even with the ponchos.

Back