Going Under the Knife

Back from first PT. I can extend perfectly, no issues there. Can't bend it past 78 degrees, yet. My left quad is swollen and tight AF, lots of stretching in my future. I'll get it there. Looking at this as a journey and not a race.
I like my PT guy. He was impressed I came home same day with total knee replacement.
Great,'tude

I got my staples out yesterday, 2 weeks to the day after my surgery. I'm extremely happy to report that I now have less pain in my knee than I did prior to surgery. Need to get my ROM/strength back and I'll be good to go.
My PT guy is awesome. He hunts deer so that's the main topic of conversation for us. Helps take my mind off the torture he puts me through..... LoL

9 Weeks out today. Good ROM. Got the ok 2 weeks ago from Doc to ride bike(road only) but cautioned not to fall off. Doc says I am ahead of the curve on recovery but sure seems like slow progress. Have been able to start adding resistance and weight to the PT routine, amazing how much muscle loss occurs without use.
Feels good to be riding again, guess I could have put this under Todays Ride aslo. Saw one maple already fully turned, wont be long now. Hopefully will be able to ski this season, bought the WF pass just before the deadline.

Attachments

• IMG_1049.JPG
    IMG_1049.JPG
    506.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1050.JPG
    IMG_1050.JPG
    713.6 KB · Views: 78
LOL that is some quality doctor'n right there.
pretty much what my hip doc said about exercise, biking and skiing the first few months....if it hurts don't do it and don't fall

Back