Fall Weather 2023

It definitely works. if you ignore scalability.

Actually it might be more scalable than snowmaking.

ROFLMOA.

Bridget_Instagram.jpg

Who remembers Bridget?

When we are in this situation I watch this:

Screenshot 2023-12-20 at 8.36.56 AM.png

And of course Jason's arch enemy, the GFS 240.

IF you can believe it, those maps (specifically the 8-14 day) actually looks a little better than it did 2 days ago.

When we are in this situation I watch this:

View attachment 22294

And of course Jason's arch enemy, the GFS 240.

IF you can believe it, those maps (specifically the 8-14 day) actually looks a little better than it did 2 days ago.
It's a disaster any way you slice it. Places like Willard, Magic, and West aren't even open yet, and likely won't be able to until January. Other open mountains will have deteriorating conditions and loss of terrain throughout one of the biggest money making periods of the season.

I know.

@MNIAW at TGR had this grave assessment on Magic yesterday:

"Magic took another hit yesterday but haven't been able to evaluate the totality. I'm guessing there's no way they can even get open for Christmas week. I'm pretty close with one of the investors and he's told me that this year is critical to their survival. Haven't had the heart to text Jeff with a G to see what's going on. Don't want to nudge him off the ledge."

Ugh this is horrible. I've only been into skiing for about 18 years but I never recall Bristol only having 1 run barely open or not even open by Christmas. My early years of skiing they'd have most trails if not all open for the period between Christmas and New Years. This is supposed to be a huge money period for them, so this is a huge financial hit. Yeah they're business is built for this but there's simply been a lot of years now strung together with warm weather.

Back