Fall Weather 2023

Had to fire up the lights on yesterday's ride after work.... it's coming!!!

First snow I've see on an eastern radar.
inmasiron_.gif

Snow in Thunder Bay

inmasirny_.gif

Lake effect?

Snow showers predicted Tuesday morning.... for those of you living in the northern ADK, how soon do I have to buy snow tires?

Here in NNJ, the trees are still mostly green, although there are leaves dropping. When I moved here almost 18 years ago, the leaves would start changing color in mid September, now it is mid-Oct.

It was in the 80s last week.

Snow showers predicted Tuesday morning.... for those of you living in the northern ADK, how soon do I have to buy snow tires?
I have lived in NNY for 58 yrs and have not had snow tires on since 1975 . Ski in the Dacks and all over the Laurentians for 5 decades NEVER Evah had an issue with driving

Been out during several blizzards at Night and made it thru..... not saying don't buy them " just as old NNY woodchuck " I see them as marketing schlock 😁😁😁

There is something to be said for learning to drive in challenging conditions. Not that tires don’t matter, bit the driver’s skill and judgement probably matter more.
Indeed,I drove daily 20 miles one way to the college I worked at never missed a day in the blizzards of 65 66, 77 and a monster 4 day event in the 80's .

Drove back from Tremblant in a bad one a normal 4 hr drive ,but once I got thru Montreal I think there were fewer than 5 cars on the for the next 125 miles .....I was damn fortunate they kept The International Bridge open at the Border that night but my trusty 5 speed stick shift Saab900 just kept moving along

Now we have an Outback and a RAV4 and those motor thru unplowed crap pretty well .Take it easy, keep moving and remember to allow greater stopping distance but then again us crazy ole woodchucks kinda like this North Country weather

Back