F Vail

Clickbait? Possibly. I just liked the article. Says something about soul vanishing from skiing.
I wasn't saying the article above was click baity. It was a different article.

Interesting take. Prolly discussed earlier in this thread but it bears repeating. Vail is now a marketing company.

Not much new. Without targeted marketing, would haven't been much reason for VR to buy Peak Resorts to get a bunch of small areas in the midwest, near DC, plus Okemo.

Did find it interesting that the person taking over VR Marketing has a science degree from MIT.

"Taking over her role, is Ryan Bennett. He joined Vail Resorts in 2018 as vice president of marketing analytics before he was promoted to his current role as vice president of marketing, lift revenue. In addition to leading the company’s season pass and lift ticket businesses, Bennett has driven numerous strategic revenue and guest experience projects. Prior to joining Vail Resorts, Bennett was with Boston Consulting Group for 11 years, including four years as a partner and managing director. Bennett has a PhD in Chemical Engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). A Florida native, Bennett now lives in Boulder, Colorado with his wife and three children.

Interesting take. .. but it bears repeating. Vail is now a marketing company.
Yup. It’s been for a few years and tryin to get better at it.

From article,

"She was previously chief marketing officer (CMO) for a division of PepsiCo and prior to that at Kraft Foods and Ford Motor Company. At Vail Resorts, Lynch led the vision to drive revenue through a data-driven approach. She built the company’s analytics team, data science team, and a sophisticated best-in-class marketing approach."

What about snow - skiing?

Forums will be annoyed with this from Vail I not surprised at all but I agree they sucks Ass big time:
"""NEWS: Vail Resorts Announces Opening Dates, Abandons Early Season Skiing and Riding in The Northeast, Closing Dates No Longer Projected
Vail Resorts has announced their opening dates for all 34 of their North American Resorts. In the Northeast the big change this season is that Mount Snow and Wildcat are no longer slated to attempt a early opening, nor is Okemo which formerly was also one of the resorts to open as soon as possible.
Nov. 19: Hunter (NY), Mt. Snow (VT), Stowe (VT), Wildcat (NH)
Nov. 20: Okemo (VT)
Nov. 24: Mt. Sunapee (NH)
Dec. 3: Attitash (NH), Crotched (NH), Jack Frost (PA)
Dec. 17: Big Boulder (PA), Liberty (PA), Roundtop (PA), Whitetail (PA)

The other notable changes from last season include moving Roundtop one week later, which shortens the potential season in SE-PA, and Jack Frost is switching places with Big Boulder for which one opens first. There will only be one Vail resort in PA open this season prior to December 17th.

These dates are projections and subject to change based on conditions, however they do not generally open earlier than their projections.

Unlike in the recent past, Vail Resorts did not list the projected closing dates at their resorts at this time.""".
??????

Back