F Vail

Back to Tirolski's post....I thought road access was needed to lifts, as a matter of law, for safety and maintenance. Something @snoloco would probably know.
And, if the Vail stuff is true.....what a s***show of a company.

Yeah but I bet all those visits are at the same crown jewel resorts on the same days, while their feeder hills are left to wither.
Could be, or it could be the fact that anyone on an Epic Day Pass (which run from 1-7 days) counts as a passholder and no one buys walk-up tickets anymore. Same people, different accounting.

Vail Resorts finally posted info for the Pittsburgh area trio. Not too much changing for Seven Springs and Laurel Mountain, but Hidden Valley won't be opening until close to Christmas week. Perhaps reasonable given the recent winters in terms of when snowmaking could start in earnest. Will be a disappointment for long time HV pass holders. The three mountains have had a shared pass and/or the ability to get in a few days for pass holders for several years once Laurel re-opened after 2016.

With Timberline in WV being run so well after being bought by the Perfect family, there is less chatter on DCSki about the former Snowtime trio close to DC (Liberty, Whitetail, Roundtop). Cutting night hours wasn't a popular move and seemed to be the new normal as of last season.

How did Peak compare to Slutzky?
when the Slutzky's owned the place, it had a soul. Not unlike Platt. Skiing was different but the lodge and feel of the place was cool..
The brothers where always walking around the lodge talking and helping etc..

Last edited:
All true. And the Slutzky's weren't drug dealers either.

In this case I was wondering about snowmaking specifically.

All true. And the Slutzky's weren't drug dealers either.

In this case I was wondering about snowmaking specifically.
Always liked the Slutzkys and their presence at Hunter. If bored watch dopesick about the sacklers although no skiing involved it is interesting.

Regarding snowmaking, Peak did ok at first but it seemed it all went downhill with the north expansion. Under Vail I doubt it will improve.

Full disclosure after many years at Hunter I will be at Gore this year...

Zy is Gore a long drive for you?

Back