Enjoy this Thread Responsibly

The other day I saw a bottle of Bumbu XO, the aged more expensive version of the finest rum on the planet. I didn't pull the trigger in buying it....just yet. I'll enjoy this in the meantime.

bumbu-spiced-rum.jpg

I’ve never tasted Bumbu but It certainly has a following; what’s it taste like? I’ve found aged rums to run the spectrum from really sweet to whisky-ish to almost cognac-like. Some I liked but many not so much..

Off topic, but I do believe that I drive past Ted's Fish Fry everyone time I go to Prospect Mt in Woodford VT.

how is it? Ive been tempted to stop many times

Ive been eating teds since the old man owned it. They are good. Standard order. Fish fry red sauce onion rings and coffee shake.

Ive been eating teds since the old man owned it. They are good. Standard order. Fish fry red sauce onion rings and coffee shake.
Yeah. They’re definitely worth stopping in. I’m a fish Fry and onion rings guy too but I go with the tartar sauce.

I’ve never tasted Bumbu but It certainly has a following; what’s it taste like? I’ve found aged rums to run the spectrum from really sweet to whisky-ish to almost cognac-like. Some I liked but many not so much..
Yeah, I'm not too keen on the 12 or 18 yr. aged rum. Bumbu has a bit of a banana flavor to it. For reference, some of my favorites are Monkey, Capt. Morgan's in the stubby and Caribana Sol, although I believe it's a house brand at Duty Free Americas.

Back during my Caskers addiction I picked up a bottle of Kirk and Sweeney 23 year old rum. That was some good stuff that drank like a nice bourbon or whiskey, not sweet.

Back