Ebike or not?

Looks and rides like a reg mtb bike...It weighs around 8lbs more then my regular ride...It's not as poppy ie: jumping over logs etc and just jumping.. but you learn to deal with that quickly..

1695039941102.png

Looks and rides like a reg mtb bike...It weighs around 8lbs more then my regular ride...It's not as poppy ie: jumping over logs etc and just jumping.. but you learn to deal with that quickly..

View attachment 21072
Maybe a dumb question, does it capture energy when coasting or descending?

E-bikes are the future imho.

They especially make sense at the new school trail system places like Bentonville or where I worked the last few years at East Zion where most trails are directional, the verticals aren’t huge and there aren’t any chair lifts.

there’s a lot of my work shown in this edit. This place is wicked fun.

Thanks for all the input on ebikes. So my wife and I were going to buy two Specialized turbo levos mountain bikes. Not because we really need them for our riding trips, but the prospect of being able to cover more trails in a given day of riding would be something we'd Iike. Specialized was promoting interest free financing so it was kind of a no brainer. I wouldn't notice the monthly payment and I wouldn't have to pull $11k out of the bank for a semi-frivolus purchase.

Unfortunately we decided to put the purchase on hold after an extremely frustrating experience with Specialized. Specialized engaged in what I'll call bait and switch advertising on thier alleged interest free financing offer through Klarna.

Klarna said they couldn't validate mine or my wife's identities despite successfully pulling our credit scores and our bank info. We spent a lot of time on the phone with Klarna's useless and incompetent overseas support. Specialized said they couldn't do anything which is BS since Klarna is promoted by Specialized.

Anyway I was going to drop the subject until I talked to my local bike shop. The owner said they have worked with numerous customers trying to get the interest free financing through Klarna to buy a specialized bike. They said everyone was rejected for the same reason I experienced "sorry can't validate identity."

Upon hearing that I've since filed complaints with the FTC against both Specialized and Klarna. It's pretty clear there was no interest free financing despite being promoted.

I've bought 4 Specialized mountain bikes in 4 years for my wife and I. Tried to buy 5 and 6 until this. Our next bikes won't be Specialized... They can pound sand.

Last edited:
Back