DIN Settings

Harvey

Administrator
20240405_070014.jpg

These are my wife's skis. DIN is set at 5.

My daughter has been skiing a DIN 4 and wants to try these. But I don't see the nut to adjust the DIN. On the other skis, it's an obvious phillips head looking nut. Is that plastic thing a cover? How do I get it off?

View attachment 24347
These are my wife's skis. DIN is set at 5.

My daughter has been skiing a DIN 4 and wants to try these. But I don't see the nut to adjust the DIN. On the other skis, it's an obvious phillips head looking nut. Is that plastic thing a cover? How do I get it off?

Maybe look for a manual online. What type of bindings?
Seems the indicator lines get smaller every year.

The binding is ten years old, not sure what it is.

Other then a Marker.

They look older than ten years. There's a screw there someplace. Put on some reading glasses, get up close and shine a flashlight. You’ll see it. Or, if her boots click in, let her ski ‘em as is. Advise her to ski careful and stay light on her feet. Obviously it’s not ideal.

You know what? Maybe it’s under the clear plastic cover on the front there. If they don’t pop off easily, try squeezing the little white tab and see if something unsnaps
IMG_1417.jpeg

Just looked, I have some 2011 Marker Dukes.
You need a larger Phillips screwdriver . The screw is inline with the indicator window skiers left side perpendicular to the ski but back about 3/4”

Attachments

• IMG_5540.jpeg
    IMG_5540.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 44
Sorry have nothing to add, 5 is the new 4
IMG_8174

Last edited:
Honestly, I wouldn’t sweat the difference between 4 and 5

Honestly, I wouldn’t sweat the difference between 4 and 5
This turned out to be 100% true.

She had one release, and it was proper.

Back