Coronavirus and Skiing

Found one but it’s really short and the bindings don’t release. Looks sketchy AF.

There was a guy on a monoboard last year at GP. I followed him down a green a couple of times. It was pretty cool.

Interesting. Saturdays for passholders only.

Especially interesting when you consider a pass is only $99.

Lifetime passes available too for $1.3K, only selling a hundred though.
Most likely too old to breakeven but only $100 more than for a week’s tickets at Vail over Christmas if ya buy now.

Last edited:

Actually $129.
I do not understand the Saturday season pass only. I guess they do not sell many $80 tickets on Saturday? Is is crowded on Saturday? They are going to scare away people who might want to give it a try on a Saturday and are 7 hours away (to Bohemia on Friday night and drive home Sunday) and did not know about the $129 deal. It is a bit of an odd marketing take. I guess they assume people are good at planning.

Actually $129.
I do not understand the Saturday season pass only. I guess they do not sell many $80 tickets on Saturday? Is is crowded on Saturday? They are going to scare away people who might want to give it a try on a Saturday and are 7 hours away (to Bohemia on Friday night and drive home Sunday) and did not know about the $129 deal. It is a bit of an odd marketing take. I guess they assume people are good at planning.
What's 7 hours away from Bohemia during the winter? I thought it was a longer drive than that for most people.

What's 7 hours away from Bohemia during the winter? I thought it was a longer drive than that for most people.
The 7 hours is a general idea. Here are some rough times from major cities that might consider the drive.
Chicago 7:40, Minneapolis 6:45, Millwaukee 6:00, Detroit 9:30, Fargo, ND 9:00.
Most people have weekends off, so Saturday would be the day.

Sounds like either I die, or the new normal will make me wish I did. Either way, I plan on enjoying the time I have left, unlike you, you hopeless sad sack.
Well that was aggressive. ?

it’s hard to stay positive seeing everything that happening out here in person. I’m still enjoying myself but what we have done to this world is extremely sad.

maybe out east it’s still easy to pretend it’s not happening but I can’t ignore it. Climate change is staring us right in the face and it’s picking up it’s pace, if you’re paying attention it’s downright terrifying. It’s definitely making me feel depressed though, I won’t lie.

PS. Getting worked up over lift lines the way you do doesn’t seem like fun either, some might say it’s kind of sad.

RA,
No need to be terrified.
If it gets warmer around here there will be a longer growing season for plants but could be worse for skiing, if that’ll be still a thing.
Folks are doing trip reports from indoor skiing.

There’s way more than enough food.
Look at the size of some folks.

Folks have lived around here for a long time.
At least since the last ice age.
That must’ve been good skiing conditions if ya ask me.
Have some faith.

Back