Coronavirus and Skiing

I'm not going to sugarcoat it, glorify it, or otherwise engage in revisionist history.

Go ahead give it a try! :geek:

Seriously I haven't seen anyone saying it was great or bad really. I only skied 10 days at Gore. Two were truly busy.

Last year had the worst lines I have ever seen at Gore. Mostly the problem was at the base, but it wasn't just before 9am, or before 10am. It was consistent for nearly the entire day except maybe a small break around lunch and after around 2:30. For the most part if you stuck to the other sections you were fine, but there were days when I saw the lines at Topridge, Straightbrook, and High Peaks back up the hill.

As I've said earlier, we did what was necessary to open last year. It worked, considering there were no extended closures in the Northeast. But there were clearly bad effects from it and I'm not going to sugarcoat it, glorify it, or otherwise engage in revisionist history. Also, on weekends, they almost always opened the AE2 at the same time as the gondola, covid or not. Maybe weekdays were different, but I rarely ski at Gore on weekdays, so I don't know.
Just wait to see the lines for food in 30 years.

start buying guns kid.

Gore has more than adequate lift capacity to serve the terrain as it is now. IME excessive lines are mostly caused by lift failures or late opening lifts. Adding uphill capacity without adding downhill capacity will make the whole experience worse. Unfortunately, adding skiable terrain means widening and straightening trails and clearing glades. You may have shorter lines, but it will be more like Okemo and less like what we like about the place. I prefer it the way it is. YMMV.

mm

Do you speak to people like this face to face? I can't imagine you do but I'd like to know.
If someone butted into every conversation on any topic with end of world messaging irrelevant to the discussion, and repeatedly did it for as long as I can remember, then this is the exact response they'd get, whether face to face or online.

If someone butted into every conversation on any topic with end of world messaging irrelevant to the discussion, and repeatedly did it for as long as I can remember, then this is the exact response they'd get, whether face to face or online.
Butted in? You do realize this is the internet, right? His sound advise has gone right over your head. Anyway, keep up the good work. If you're lucky someone will just bitch slap you instead of knocking you the F out.

Sounds like either I die, or the new normal will make me wish I did. Either way, I plan on enjoying the time I have left,
Nobody gets their body out alive.
Best to take care of the one ya got and enjoy the ride.

As the great philosopher Wayne from Letterkenny advises,
“Do what you love and you’ll never work a day in your life."

Back