Building a House with Wood

I’m serious. Crows are smart as hell. Do not start a feud with a crow.
There's no doubt they're smart. A guy in our deer camp had a pet crow as a kid. The stories he's told about *Joe* are funny AF.

That said, I've been on a few crow hunts and they are so much fun? They aren't easy to get to come in, and you have to be out there early, but if it comes together what a hoot!!

One of our local mtb trails used to be a huge winter roost location for crows. Done a few creepy night rides when you hear thousands of them rustling in the tree branches above :rolleyes: I haven't seen them the last few years, I heard they were becoming so many and such a nuisance that the city started using cannons to scare them away

I love my bike ride but tonight for the first time I'm killing time and I wish I was up in the mountains near my project.

1000006341.jpg

I'm told we got most of the fill we are going to need from a job down the street for almost nothing

1000006348.jpg

Some bad ass temporary lighting in here

20240810_140935.jpg

Last edited:
This actually solves a double problem for one builder, my guy AA. Both jobs are his.

He's still optimistic he can sell the remaining boulders we have.

This is wood:

treated

This is not:

pvc

The drawings called for all composite decking.

To save on cost, and for the hell of it, we put treated lumber under the porch roof and then used pvc on the exposed deck.

I guess we'll see.

Back