Bring the Stoke

Screenshot_20221006-150741_Gallery.jpg

Yellowstone Club, MT. Pretty sure the run is Stein’s. That was my third turn of the morning after closing the bar with friends the night before. When I pulled up to the cornice I almost passed out and fell off. Once I dropped in though I was good. I wish I could turn back time and stayed away from the Fernet Branca. My head still hurts.

Last edited:
Yellowstone Club, MT. Pretty
How did you get in to YC?
I heard a rumor that if you poach it, they sell you a lift ticket for 1 ride for $60 and send you back to Big Sky. That sounds totally worth it but I never had the nerve to try it. I figured I would end up spending the night in jail for trespassing.

mm

How did you get in to YC?
I heard a rumor that if you poach it, they sell you a lift ticket for 1 ride for $60 and send you back to Big Sky. That sounds totally worth it but I never had the nerve to try it. I figured I would end up spending the night in jail for trespassing.

mm
Ahhh yeah, I definitely wouldn’t do that. I heard you get arrested. Some of their security detail are ex CIA and FBI guys. There’s a sheriff in Big Sky but the jail is in Virginia City, two hours away. He’ll give you a ride there but not back. I suppose it’s possible though. You don’t wear a lift ticket and I’m pretty sure there’s a policy they don't ask who you are once you’re in. No one asked us and we stuck out like sore thumbs.

I’ve been there a few times. A couple days were as the guest of a member and the last time was with a friend who runs the ski shop. One of the benefits of years of dirtbagging out there. The place is kinda creepy to be honest. I’d rather hang out with the old hippies playing banjo around the wood stove at the Mt. Greylock Ski Club.

Last edited:
Back