Bring the Stoke

Ripitz

Less than 60 days away and it’s crickets around here. Who’s ready to rip?

I'm starting my season by attending the new ski expo in Boston in mid-November. Anyone else going?

Less than 60 days away and it’s crickets around here. Who’s ready to rip?
This off season has been like no other. I can't exactly explain it. Normally by October things would be more active.

To some extent it may be me. My mind is being pulled away from skiing by several things that matter to me, but can't write about. So I'm not throwing gas on the fire the way I usually do. But I do think it's more than that. And I don't get it.

I'm looking forward to skiing. I don't see my best friends much in the off season.

I had a great chat with @Stu last night. We want to ski western NY together this season. That would be the shizz.

Looking forward to getting back to Plattekill, Gore and Greek especially. But all of them. I want to ski Song and Caz too.

I mowed our old pasture mini ski bowl today. Got me daydreaming about cobbling together a rope tow again. Maybe this will be the year.
1664681416740.jpeg

Last edited:
My life has been derailed in more ways than one. Training is f'ed up. Haven't been able to touch the guitar in 2 weeks. Now I need to replace my car. Continuing fallout from divorce and settlement. My temporary living space, I have no place to do ski prep. Gotta deal with divorce fallout. Gotta get my father into an assisted living.

Trust me, even though I used to be a salesman: I'd love to have some f'n stoke right now.

On a positive note: one of my housemates is involved in a music project with James Mastro from the Bongos and Ian Hunter. Yup, THAT Ian Hunter.

This is such a busy time of year. Getting everything switched over to winter mode consumes all my time. I only have until November 18th then my time is consumed with chasing whitetail deer.

I usually have my destination-trip flights booked by early October but similar to others here, I'm letting myself be distracted by other things.

one of my housemates is involved in a music project with James Mastro from the Bongos and Ian Hunter. Yup, THAT Ian Hunter.
I just looked up Ian -- he's 83! I saw him open for Heart at the Syracuse War Memorial 42 years ago!

Todd-o-phonic Todd interviewed Ian Hunter on WFMU a few years ago. Hunter said that Bowie gave him / Mott the Hoople Suffragette City, but he decided to wait "until Bowie wrote something good." That was All the Young Dudes.

An older friend gave me his Atomic Beta Race Carve 9.20 skis and some poles last week.
The boards are in great shape and they look fast just standing still.
Might have to point them downhill when the snow flies to see how they move.
Still love my Volkl RTM 84s if they’re listening.

I usually have my destination-trip flights booked by early October but similar to others here, I'm letting myself be distracted by other things.

I just looked up Ian -- he's 83! I saw him open for Heart at the Syracuse War Memorial 42 years ago!
They are no longer. All the young dudes.

Back