Best Ski Videos

Were you ok after that last shot? I love watching the skiing, the air makes me uneasy.

Cool footage, thanks for sharing. You can huck it for a little while but powder is forever.

Were you ok after that last shot? I love watching the skiing, the air makes me uneasy.
After that 02 footage I had two partially torn shoulders and was kind of beat up all over. That was a major deciding factor to move to Arizona. The cold with my aches and pain that last March in Wyoming had me packing.

That very last shot was an off day, the kind of day where I should have known better to not go for it and just ski some mellow powder. One of my shortcomings is being moody and my capabilities are dramatically affected by my head space. You can see how I’m not fully committed there and in these sorts of sports hesitation is your enemy. When we put the original edit together I really wanted to include all of that. I like showing the honest reality of doing that stuff. Or my reality at least ?.

Last edited:
My post was referring to the JHWY vid, the other post snuck in before me or I would have quoted it.

I thought it was very honest. The bloody face etc. I felt bad because something you posted once made me feel like the people making money off you didn't really care about you very much.

My post was referring to the JHWY vid, the other post snuck in before me or I would have quoted it.

I thought it was very honest. The bloody face etc. I felt bad because something you posted once made me feel like the people making money off you didn't really care about you very much.

My reply was in regards to the JH vid.

I don’t think there was much money made off of me really. When I signed on with Carrera we had a great athlete manager, after a year a new guy came on board and he was a total dick. I was on their posters that year for the trade shows and that same image was used in adds in several Canadian ski mags for more than one issue. He was definitely ripping me off…..fucking cock sucker.

I did feel like I was practically killing myself and not getting enough return to make it worth it. That was also part of my burn out and desire to come to Arizona.

Fig told me he had a pic he felt was going to be in powder that next year when I told him I was leaving. After that he probably didn’t push for it to be published, I could tell he was disappointed when I said I was moving. Darrel was definitely bummed, I helped him get the storm show gig up and running and I know he really wanted me to stick around but whaddyagonnado?

Last edited:
RA I appreciate your honesty about the free skiing business. Most skiers have no idea about the pain and sacrifice such a career entails. They see nothing but the glory. Few understand the effort required to organize and successfully shoot those videos.

Kudos.

Back