Holiday Mountain Conditions

Just saw this

IMG_1357.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 1.08.30 PM.png

$55 for tomorrow.

Came over to Holiday Mt after work. 10 minutes away. Pretty nice little crowd. Racing on the Roman Candle. Son Derek and I tried out all the trails. Nice family fun ski area. Lots of room and tables in the lodge.
Reminds me of Tanglewood ski area. Now lost
IMG_1054.jpeg

IMG_1059.jpeg

IMG_1060.jpeg

all my kids besides Derek learned to ski there.

Article about skiing Holiday and Hunter last weekend.
It ain’t over.

Article about skiing Holiday and Hunter last weekend.
It ain’t over.
Saw they were open this weekend with $19 lift tickets so I took the long way home from Belleayre to check Holiday out. They've definitely been blowing snow this week, there was a bunch more than in the photos in that article, which is pretty cool. It's smaller than I realized with only the triple chair running -- a little over 300 vertical -- but snow surface was in good shape especially given almost everything else at that latitude/elevation is closed now. Friendly vibes all around, a bunch of families and other regulars hanging out getting ready for Friday night races. The brand-new fan guns definitely stand out in contrast to the not-so-brand-new lift. Hope they don't get too much rain tomorrow and they can enjoy a good end of the season Sunday.

Hope summer is treating you well. Busy here which is what we want. Lots to do, not enough hours in a day. New quad lift’s going in, concrete should all be finished next week. The quad chairlift will be about 2800 feet long, completely refurbished.

We’re installing about 100 air/ water stick snow-guns and 23 SMI tower fan guns, over 6 miles of piping, a 4th huge water pump, 2nd air compressor, a new air chiller, another Pisten Bully groomer…. We have our hands full. We’re pushing hard to get three new trails open this season.

Yeah – we’re busy!

We’re looking for a ‘snow sports director’ and also a race program coach for weekends. If you ever run across anyone down this way, keep us in mind.

Take care and keep up the good work!

Yeah, thanks for the tour. I’m really looking forward to skiing Hackledam and Mambo. I think they both add more variety to the terrain there. Hackledam is just insanely steep and Mambo will hopefully have a little bit of that old New England back and forth character- like Chute at Plattekill. There’s so much work getting done it’s actually hard to get it all from what we put on the front page so here are a few more shots that didn’t make the cut

IMG_4189.jpeg

New snowmaking everywhere

IMG_4170.jpeg

IMG_4181.jpeg

Concrete and rebar everywhere

IMG_4210.jpeg

IMG_4230.jpeg

New electrical everywhere

IMG_4206.jpeg

IMG_4324.jpeg

Back