The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

After an 8 day weather layoff got out Yesterday and today at the longer Riverside course shot 41 and 40.

Course was soaked from living in what has been an equatorial rainforest in June with over 6 in of rain this month 😑

Managed to get a bird today and drove really well this am averaging 228 which for me is unusual these days .

But Flubbed 2 second shots today which cost me pars but overall happy in these conditions 😀

Going under the knife 7/11

After an 8 day weather layoff got out Yesterday and today at the longer Riverside course shot 41 and 40.

Course was soaked from living in what has been an equatorial rainforest in June with over 6 in of rain this month 😑

Managed to get a bird today and drove really well this am averaging 228 which for me is unusual these days .

But Flubbed 2 second shots today which cost me pars but overall happy in these conditions 😀

Going under the knife 7/11
228 average and your how old...80? That's very solid. You must have really pounded the ball in your younger days.

228 average and your how old...80? That's very solid. You must have really pounded the ball in your younger days.
Im 81. 6 '1, 196. Try to always stay in shape

vstarted playing this game at 62 when the Queen of the Hop came home with a set of clubs . My thoughts at the time where ," oh crap 💩 now I gotta2c play this game" 😀

What hooked me was a hole in one 2nd yr and then another one couple yrs later.

My normal distance off the tee is 195 to 210 ,that 228 round was unusual

Todays round 39 had a bird, my 6th one in 3 weeks so game is starting to come back to last few yrs standards.

Im 81. 6 '1, 196. Try to always stay in shape

vstarted playing this game at 62 when the Queen of the Hop came home with a set of clubs . My thoughts at the time where ," oh crap 💩 now I gotta2c play this game" 😀

What hooked me was a hole in one 2nd yr and then another one couple yrs later.

My normal distance off the tee is 195 to 210 ,that 228 round was unusual

Todays round 39 had a bird, my 6th one in 3 weeks so game is starting to come back to last few yrs standards.
Wow really impressive considering your late in life start at golf. Still even 200 off the tee is great especially at 81. Impressive scores! Bet your short game is deadly good. I've seen a few of your type over the years... You say, "I'm old and feeble, want to bet on our game today? " 😂

I'm 62 and started around 33. Only shot 39 twice. No hole in one's. Play to a 16-18 index. Been as low as 12 but I found that practicing didn't really improve my enjoyment of the game so now I just play and have fun. Only thing I can do fairly well for my age is hit a long ball (270-280 on a good day) and I even manage to hit a fairway once in a while😁 My buddies like me in scrambles.

Fun game. My wife got the golf bug also, so it's just another fun thing we can do together.

Good luck with your medical procedure!

Last edited:
Wow really impressive considering your late in life start at golf. Still even 200 off the tee is great especially at 81. Impressive scores! Bet your short game is deadly good. I've seen a few of your type over the years... You say, "I'm old and feeble, want to bet on our game today? " 😂

I'm 62 and started around 33. Only shot 39 twice. No hole in one's. Play to a 16-18 index. Been as low as 12 but I found that practicing didn't really improve my enjoyment of the game so now I just play and have fun. Only thing I can do fairly well for my age is hit a long ball (270-280 on a good day) and I even manage to hit a fairway once in a while😁 My buddies like me in scrambles.

Fun game. My wife got the golf bug also, so it's just another fun thing we can do together.

Good luck with your medical procedure!
Hey ......Nothing shabby about those scores and man I wish I could bomb it off the tee like you.

Golf is an exercise in humility and patience, best played in a relaxed state and the ability to laff off a bad shot and simply have fun with it .

Admittedly I focus on fundamentals and try like hell not to get overly analytical.

Long ago learned Course Mgt and the Short Game pay dividends .

Nice chatting with you Andy and thanks
Warp

Pretty pedestrian round this am no excitement just a 41. I flubbed two 2 hybrid shots which hurt ,but hey another beautiful day after a super day yesterday at Placid and Wilmington and Whiteface
1000000781.jpg

Hey NY golf buds, been golfing the last few pages. Pushing 40 rounds ytd w wife abt 35. Golf is our toy.
Anywhere from a par 36 on a back nine , 3 birds 3 bogs to an even 100 on a longtight beotch from tips.
Thanks Ted for hooking me up with best “new” to me course this year, ‘‘twas no Nightmare”.
Have a few Ross gems out here, Elk Rapids hundy yr old lakeside was gorgeous.

Warp, 2 hundy drives the norm here at 65, 6’8””+3 hundy plus.swing speed slow but steady.
I keep it in the short and my new a gap TM sim2 max wedgy the wife bought is working wonders.50 yr old Pingy zingy runs great.
IMG_6671.jpeg
IMG_6660.jpeg
IMG_6665.jpeg
IMG_6628.jpeg
IMG_6640.jpeg
image000000.jpeg
IMG_6644.jpeg

Any day with the sticks is a good un

Who y’all pickin at the Open?

Back