The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

Wow that's pretty! Green Lakes golf course?
Yupper.
1st time I’ve played it in a couple decades. Used to play it often with folks from work.
Great course in great shape. GM came from Bethpage Black, with a degree in Turf management from Cobleskill. Course is a gem, $32 with a cart for 18. Played it in 4hrs. Veterans get free green fees. Folks working there were nice.
Any mountain biking nearby?
No mountains but ya can ride yer bike on the hilly roads and trails except for the ones around the lakes. See map.
The Erie Canal Trail runs nearby just a bit from the north entrance to the park. It’s flatter than a pancake.

Last edited:
Just got back fromfl first round in 12 days felt good .was definitely a mental health break after the news Tueday .

Had a 39 with 5 pars changed my grip slightly avg 217 off the tee But straight changed my driver back to N from D so was good outing

Another great course in Metro Detroit. Calderone Golf Club. $35 for 18 and a cart after 3pm on Saturday and Sunday and one good thing being on the western edge of the eastern time zone is at its peak you can golf close to 9:45-10:00pm.
IMG_5562.jpeg

IMG_5563.jpeg

IMG_5565.jpeg

IMG_5566.jpeg

The tirolean who let me read his NYU masters thesis, where he worked on a prototype to allow handicapped folks ski, kicked my ass when I subbed yesterday in the Thursday morning golf league...
The tirolean told me his grandkids (5 and 7 year olds) who live in Park City ski double blacks up there.
I’ve only ever golfed there years ago.
Subbed again in the Thursday League and was matched again with him.
He shot 37 on the back after I was 1 up after 9 and got my ass kicked again.⛳🏌️‍♂️
Course is soft with the rain & we played the blues.
Twas fun but I could use some roll.

He said he got hit skiing Bali at Song last year and his grandson got hit twice at Park City. Nobody got hurt but whats-a-matter with people? Ugh.

Back