Wildlife

That’s really cool. I once saw a raven open a backpack in Yellowstone and take off with someone’s keys. The video reminds of similar ones I’ve seen of racing pigeons in traffic. Those things haul ass. I worked at a winery in the Hudson Valley that has racing club. I would truck grapes out of the Finger Lakes and the birds would beat me by almost an hour in a 200 mile trip.

Last edited:
That’s really cool. I once saw a raven open a backpack in Yellowstone and take off with someone’s keys. The video reminds of similar ones I’ve seen of racing pigeons in traffic. Those things haul ass. I worked at a winery in the Hudson Valley that has racing club. I would truck grapes out of the Finger Lakes and the birds would beat me by almost an hour in a 200 mile trip.
Once on a trip up to Gore, about 20 miles out, saw a logging truck coming the other way pop a big one after it took off from the roadway. What was left of the the carcass landed on the hood of the Subaru and bounced up on the windshield. Had to hit the wipers with juice to get the shit and blood off to be able to see.
Made it to Gore’s lot and figured it twas better to remove the rest of the debris with some snow or somebody would wonder WTF happened.
Skiing was fun.

Once on a trip up to Gore, about 20 miles out, saw a logging truck coming the other way pop a big one after it took off from the roadway. What was left of the the carcass landed on the hood of the Subaru and bounced up on the windshield. Had to hit the wipers with juice to get the shit and blood off to be able to see.
Made it to Gore’s lot and figured it twas better to remove the rest of the debris with some snow or somebody would wonder WTF happened.
Skiing was fun.
Haha
When my two boys were younger one decided to call 911 and hang up. They went off to school and an hour later there’s a State cop on my doorstep? I’m at a loss, he informed me about the call and I figured one of them was responsible. So I tell the cop he’s free to look around, he declined and left. After he left I walked into my older kids room to my horror there’s blood all over his bed and pillow case.
He had a profuse bloody nose during the night and never mentioned it

I’m wondering if it’s his outgoing trip or in ? Surf for food lol. Trucks set up a nice pressure wave in front cars not so much.

A couple summers ago I had a dragonfly land on my windshield right in front of my face when I was at a red light. The light changed and I accelerated , he took off and maintained a stationary spot about an inch off my windshield. At 30mph his wings stopped and for four blocks he stayed there just making a few minor corrections.
Much better skills than the Raven in the video.

I’m wondering if it’s his outgoing trip or in ? Surf for food lol. Trucks set up a nice pressure wave in front cars not so much.

A couple summers ago I had a dragonfly land on my windshield right in front of my face when I was at a red light. The light changed and I accelerated , he took off and maintained a stationary spot about an inch off my windshield. At 30mph his wings stopped and for four blocks he stayed there just making a few minor corrections.
Much better skills than the Raven in the video.
Sometimes I just put my arms out when skiing and think about flying.
Got bird stickers on the helmet too.
Too old to try the wing suit thingy

Recent Barred Owl in the Washington County Grasslands
0C4A2120-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg

1E885301-B5E9-4FFA-8E7A-6539C7F94372.png
A Great Horned visitor tonight, He sat in a tree about 250’ away. My son had an idea. He used my 8” Dobsonian telescope with an IPhone at the eyepiece as a telephoto lense.
I hooted a couple times to get his attention.

Back