Wildlife

I have been a bird nerd for as long as I can remember, I even can identify most birds by there calls.
My sons girlfriend told us that while they were camping he says ,'do you hear that bird? I don't know what it is but my dad does.'
Very cool
Buddy of mine is the same way. He had a pet crow when he was a kid. The thing would sit on his shoulder as he walked around town. He got some looks.

I have been a bird nerd for as long as I can remember, I even can identify most birds by there calls.
My sons girlfriend told us that while they were camping he says ,'do you hear that bird? I don't know what it is but my dad does.'
Nice, I have no clue and use Cornell's Merlin Bird ID app

Looks like some of the boys are getting horny
0C4A0600-DeNoiseAI-clear.jpg

Nice, I have no clue and use Cornell's Merlin Bird ID app
I had my phone with Merlin on, sitting on my chicken run to confirm what I thought were chips from a Baltimore oriole. I got that right. Merlin also said that there were crows. I didn't hear any of those, but I wonder if Merlin mistook the chickens for crows.

I actually love Merlin. It is so much easier to have Merlin on my phone than to bring a bird book along for birding. I just have to remember to fire up Merlin so it can update before I bird.

Freeheeln, do you post on ebird as well? Or is that more of a Cornell local thing?

Free do you take requests?
How about some Purple Martins? I have a sentimental attachment.

I actually love Merlin. It is so much easier to have Merlin on my phone than to bring a bird book along for birding. I just have to remember to fire up Merlin so it can update before I bird.

Freeheeln, do you post on ebird as well? Or is that more of a Cornell local thing?
I haven't used ebird, from the science side it is useful, I am not sure on the public sharing of my sightings. I keep a loose history by using my Instagram ,bchasen_nature which I have tried to be relatively current with my postings.

Last edited:
Free do you take requests?
How about some Purple Martins? I have a sentimental attachment.
Requests are fine but Purple Martins are missing in my files. I guess ebird would help.

Back