What is up with the bike shops?

No stock? The bike shop 2 doors down from my new job has to Specialized S-works road frames in the window, with wild paint jobs. Only $13k once you get wheels, pedals and the gruppo you want.

I have a 2015 Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC. I was going to upgrade to a megatower, decided in the end to just put some money into the LTC. Put carbon rims on it and a shimano 1by. It has 135 of travel in the rear and 140 up front. When I purchased it everyone was saying it was way to big a bike, now it is a midsize and prettier than ever. I bought my first FS back in 96. Then people were just getting into front shocks and thought the FS was a gimmick. I remember up in Grafton NY going down a creek bed and getting to the bottom. I must have waited 10 minutes for the group to come along. My bikes usually go for 10 years before I upgrade. When I get a new one I always go with the biggest suspension, lightest build I can find. I have always been happy with my bikes. Big suspension makes rock gardens feel smooth and roots almost non-existent.

Wow that sucks TJ !! Seems like the BBB should be notified for gouging and upselling .I assume you do at least some of your own work ?

.At those prices , i am glad i am road bikig. Never had any serious damage so my own half assed tuneups seem to be adequete . But MB takes more toll on the " equipment " I get it

I can get my bike running when it breaks down on the road. I can do anything on a bike, however I would rather bring to someone that works on them daily. They are quicker and better at it especially tuning the derailleurs. I can't seem to remember how to do things unless I am doing it regularly.

Back