The overland craze is out of control

TheGreatAbyss

I'm guessing KIA targeted this ad to me based on my cookie trail of ski related content, but even as a skier this has gotten out of hand.

1686924712716.png

1) This is clearly shopped.
2) Why do I need a car that can drive up a ski slope?
3) I doubt this plastic cladded minivan could even get up a ski slope for real.
4) Do your own research but our ever bigger vehicle sizes, weights, and grille heights are killing us at increasing rates.

5) Why is there a skier riding the lift down?

6) That thing will be completely wrecked after the Kia Boyz steal it in less than 30 seconds with a screwdriver and start it with a USB cable that’s probably already sitting in the console.

I'm guessing KIA targeted this ad to me based on my cookie trail of ski related content, but even as a skier this has gotten out of hand.

View attachment 20461
1) This is clearly shopped.
2) Why do I need a car that can drive up a ski slope?
3) I doubt this plastic cladded minivan could even get up a ski slope for real.
4) Do your own research but our ever bigger vehicle sizes, weights, and grille heights are killing us at increasing rates.
I found this ad using the hash tag #gaper.

There's a Chevy truck ad out there somewhere. Dude driving off road, over cliffs and boulders... rugged western terrain. He stops at the edge of a canyon, gets out, and puts down the tailgate so he can put his f'n laptop on it.

This statement is so true and sad yet I'm an offender. Used to drive a small 2,700 pound hatchback and now drive a 3,900 pound truck that is lifted. The situation with trucks is a cultural consumerist thing but also I hear many people justifying it by saying with so many other big trucks on the road, they feel safer in a bigger, higher SUV or truck. I kind of get it now that I drive one, you get pushed around in our neck of the woods if you have the smaller vehicle. If we really cared we would tax and toll vehicles by weight class like in other counties. EV's should calm the size thing down, especially grille height as lower and sleeker is better for aero dynamics.

I agree on the grills they make no sense

The other thing that's adding weight to the vehicles, the batteries are heavy.

I hear many people justifying it by saying with so many other big trucks on the road, they feel safer in a bigger, higher SUV or truck.
100%.

I find my Alltrack so much more practical and useable then an equivalent length SUV with it's lower roof height, and huge booty. It handles a lot better too

Yet when my second kid comes we're going to need one of these "worse in every way then a minivan" as I don't feel safe putting two kids on the sides of my Alltrack when everyone else in my area is driving a Chevy Tahoe .

I hate it, I wish they would regulate the shit out these monsters taking over our streets but that will never happen cause freedom, so everyone is buying tanks.

Back