The NTN Thread

Still, there is something cool about skiing on an evolution of the 75mm platform.

A few years ago (before NTN) every single ski and boot I had was "compatible." Not that I ever used the others.

Actually correction to the other thread, I do have a "quiver."

Scarpa TX Pros and my Whiterooms
Scarpa T4s and Rossi BC 110s
Asolo Snowfields and Karhu XCD GTs

703CB281-ED85-48D4-88D8-8BD7FCDE1A86.jpeg

???

That guy looks kinda baked. :geek:

Harv, don't forget to give us a review of the Rottefella Freeerides, and the Head skis. Have a great time tomorrow, and tell DTR Happy Birthday!!

Harv, don't forget to give us a review of the Rottefella Freerides, and the Head skis. Have a great time tomorrow, and tell DTR Happy Birthday!!

I like them a lot.

They are definitely heavier than what I am used to skiing. I wasn't sure if it was the bindings, skis or both. My Outlaws LOOK a lot lighter than the Rotte Freeride, but I couldn't figure it out by googling. The skis have metal in them so at least some of that weight came from the skis. Those Rottes absolutely RAIL, really love the action. Are they more neutral than the Outlaws?

I think if I was on my other skis I'd probably have stayed in the groomer track on the Supe headwall. I think the metal in those skis did make a difference.

No question the morning was easier with these boards. I skied them all day even though by mid afternoon my fatter skis were probably a better choice. It was unusual for me to be skiing those hard bumps. One of the highlights of my day was having @SudsNBumps compliment my bump skiing. :)

They whole thing worked out, not a day I would have skied normally, but celebrating @Duck was a priority. I'll put more in my front page piece tomorrow.

I like them a lot.

They are definitely heavier than what I am used to skiing. I wasn't sure if it was the bindings, skis or both. My Outlaw LOOKS a lot lighter than the Rotte Freeride, but I couldn't figure it out by googling. The skis have metal in them so at least some of that weight came from the skis.

I think if I was on my other skis I'd probably have stayed in the groomer track on the Supe headwall. I think the metal in those skis did make a difference.

No question the morning was easier with these boards. I skied them all day even though by mid afternoon my fatter skis were probably a better choice. It was unusual for me to be skiing those hard bumps. One of the highlights of my day was having @SudsNBumps compliment my bump skiing. :)

They whole thing worked out, not a day I would have skied normally, but celebrating @Duck was a priority. I'll put more in my front page piece tomorrow.

Yes, there is no doubt that the Rotte Freerides are very heavy and much heavier than the outlaws. And coupled with the Rev 85 and the sheet of metal that they have, makes for a smooooth ride :cool: ⛷️ Glad you liked them!

I would ride a stiff ski with the Freerides. My first NTN setup were Freerides on a soft Fischer Watea ski. I did not like that setup so I took off alpine bindings (last alpine I ever skied!) and remounted a pair of Dynastar Legend 94s with Outlaws and love the Outlaws and those skis. I've been skiing Outlaws ever since and have a few pairs of them. I like a ski with metal; I need a ski that gives back. Yes, the Outlaws are definitely lighter than the Freerides, which is a big plus for me, especially since I favor a solid ski. With that said, the Freerides on a stiff ski could be fun to whip around on for a while and see what happens. I always try and see what the Tele WC racers ski on. From what I can tell, it seems to be a mix.

Back