The Incredible Music Thread

Saw Big Jack Johnson twice, but it most likely ain’t the same dude as the one to which you refer.
Once at a picnic in The Grove in Oxford Miss. & later again at a small bar In The Upstates Auburn NY.
Even got to shoot the shit with him when he played there between sets and afterwards.
There’s other music of his on the itraweb but this one’s Live from the Poconos so itfits here.
He is referring to banana pancakes jack johnson

Hmmm.

Boston
Jethro Tull (2x)
Queen
Robin Trower
Johnny and Edgar Winter
Mountain
Frank Zappa
Pink Floyd
Black Sabbath
Van Halen
the Smithereens - way before they hit it big!
David Torn - could school Ed van Halen on application of whammy bar
Joe Pass (2x) utterly brilliant jazz guitarist
Tal Farlow (2x) another brilliant jazz guitarist
Dickey Betts & Great Southern
King Crimson (4x)
Robert Fripp (2x)
Nektar
Ted Nugent (2x)
Yes
Emerson Lake & Palmer
Levon Helm
Green Day
John Hammond Jr. (2x)
Bob Seger
Jorma Kaukonen
Hot Tuna (2x)
Smokin' Joe Kubek
Popa Chubby - brilliant and strongly recommended
Grateful Dead
Circle Jerks
Leslie West
Kris Kristofferson
Roky Erickson

There's prolly a few more that I can't remember.
ELP and sabbath and mountain. Very very cool. For some reason never saw ozzy

nope I saw the chick music surfer guy

And while we're comparing artists we've seen, the following list includes all of the bands I have seen on purpose along with notable/enjoyable openers. I am sure I have seen several dozen more opening bands that were either forgotten or part of a festival lineup and I didn't really intend to see. I gave up once I hit 100:
Ace Frehley, Acetone, Afghan Whigs, Alice Donut, Alice in Chains, Allman Brothers, Amon Amarth, Anthrax, Arab Strap, Archers of Loaf, Arrested Development, Baroness, Beck, Bjork, Blind Melon, Blues Traveller, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Built to Spill, Butthole Surfers, Cake, Calexico, Cat Power, Circulatory System, Cloak, Colonel Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade, Cypress Hill, De La Soul, The Decemberists, Demiser, Dinosaur Jr, Dio, Disappears, Exodus, Faith No More, The Flaming Lips, Funkadelic, Funkdoobiest, Ghost, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Grateful Dead, Green Jello, Gwar, Helloween, High on Fire, Hole, Iron Maiden, Janelle Monae, Jane's Addiction, Judas Priest, King Diamond, L7, Lou Reed (not in concert, but eating in a diner), Meat Puppets, Megadeth, Mercury Rev, Metal Church, Metallica, Ministry, Modest Mouse, Mogwai, Moistboyz, Morphine, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mr. Big, Of Montreal, Olivia Tremor Control, Oranssi Pazuzu, Overkill, Oysterhead, Pantera, Pavement, Phish, PJ Harvey, Power Trip, Preston School of Industry, Primus, Queensryche, Rage Against the Machine, Red Death, Rush, Sabaton, Sanctuary, Slayer, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, Sound of Urchin, Spin Doctors, Spoon, Stephen Malkmus, Stone Temple Pilots, Stromae, Suicidal Tendencies, Testament, Traffic, U2, Ween, Whitesnake, Wolf Parade and Yatra
(bolded artists I have seen 3x or more)

And while we're comparing artists we've seen, the following list includes all of the bands I have seen on purpose along with notable/enjoyable openers. I am sure I have seen several dozen more opening bands that were either forgotten or part of a festival lineup and I didn't really intend to see. I gave up once I hit 100:
Ace Frehley, Acetone, Afghan Whigs, Alice Donut, Alice in Chains, Allman Brothers, Amon Amarth, Anthrax, Arab Strap, Archers of Loaf, Arrested Development, Baroness, Beck, Bjork, Blind Melon, Blues Traveller, Bonnie 'Prince' Billy, Built to Spill, Butthole Surfers, Cake, Calexico, Cat Power, Circulatory System, Cloak, Colonel Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade, Cypress Hill, De La Soul, The Decemberists, Demiser, Dinosaur Jr, Dio, Disappears, Exodus, Faith No More, The Flaming Lips, Funkadelic, Funkdoobiest, Ghost, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Grateful Dead, Green Jello, Gwar, Helloween, High on Fire, Hole, Iron Maiden, Janelle Monae, Jane's Addiction, Judas Priest, King Diamond, L7, Lou Reed (not in concert, but eating in a diner), Meat Puppets, Megadeth, Mercury Rev, Metal Church, Metallica, Ministry, Modest Mouse, Mogwai, Moistboyz, Morphine, Motley Crue, Motorhead, Mr. Big, Of Montreal, Olivia Tremor Control, Oranssi Pazuzu, Overkill, Oysterhead, Pantera, Pavement, Phish, PJ Harvey, Power Trip, Preston School of Industry, Primus, Queensryche, Rage Against the Machine, Red Death, Rush, Sabaton, Sanctuary, Slayer, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, Sound of Urchin, Spin Doctors, Spoon, Stephen Malkmus, Stone Temple Pilots, Stromae, Suicidal Tendencies, Testament, Traffic, U2, Ween, Whitesnake, Wolf Parade and Yatra
(bolded artists I have seen 3x or more)
Now there’s a proper list.
Good idea about the bolded. U can multiple many on my list by 3 or more too.
Motörhead !!! I regret not seeing them.
I had tkts to zep then bonzo had to much to drink

Now there’s a proper list.
Good idea about the bolded. U can multiple many on my list by 3 or more too.
Motörhead !!! I regret not seeing them.
I had tkts to zep then bonzo had to much to drink
I saw Motorhead in 2003 opening for Dio and Maiden at MSG, so it wasn't a proper show, only about 25 minutes--all the hits though. My big regret is never seeing Tom Waits--I overslept and missed out on tickets for a show in Oakland back in '99.

Back