The Incredible Music Thread

Dude was inspired as a kid in NYC after he was watching the Beverly Hillbilly’s and heard Earl Scruggs playing the the theme song on the banjo. He’s coming to Ithaca in April.

Bela Fleck is amazing. He can play traditional bluegrass, classical pieces, jazz and everything in between. His wife is an amazing old-time banjo player and their kids have long hair. What's not to like?

For some dang reason I just heard about him recently.
His folks are from Austria, allegedly. We might be some type of cousins.

I started listening to him in the 90's with the Flecktones, I was never a big synth guy but love Futureman and Victor is a bad ass bass player! My nephew dated Bela's niece for awhile so were almost family lol

Here is the bluegrass side of him. This is one of the most talented groups of people ever assembled on one stage, IMHO. RIP Tony Rice. (Mark O'Connor on violin, Tony Rice on guitar, Jerry Douglas on dobro, Sam Bush on mandolin, Mark Schatz on bass and Bela Fleck on banjo in the early 1990's.)

If you're a Jerry Douglas fan check out last years album with John Hiatt, maybe I should put his one in the EV thread...

If you're a Jerry Douglas fan check out last years album with John Hiatt, maybe I should put his one in the EV thread...

Thanks for sharing that, I am a Jerry Douglas fan but I am a bigger John Hiatt fan. The album "Slow Turning" was the unofficial theme music to our honeymoon road trip to the US southwest, which included a stop at Graceland on the way home. If I hear "Drive South" it all comes back.

Speaking of Cadillacs:

There is a lot to unpack there: the hair, the outfits, the stuff in the background. Great playing though.
The dorky looking guy in the cowboy hat is Kenny Vaughn. He is a telecaster master. This was from Marty Stuart’s variety television show, which was never on my cable provider’s package and which doesn’t exist. Highly recommend going down the rabbit hole. Some incredible playing, done with casual flare.

Here’s one:

Last edited:
Back