The Definitive Solution to the Upstate NY Question

I know this doesn't really belong here, but I'm not giving it it's own thread.

In my inbox today:

Hi Harvey,

I’m following up to see if you had a chance to review the report? MyDatingAdviser.com has compiled a ranking of the coziest small towns in America.

These New York towns are considered the coziest: Ellicottville (ranked No. 4 coziest in the nation), Lake Placid (7th), Lake George (10th), Cooperstown (25th), Hudson (50th), Skaneateles (91st) and Rhinebeck (96th).

Their study compared 170 of the coziest small towns in the US across the following categories: weather, food, and activities. In addition, they looked at data points like average winter temperature, snowfall, cafes, bakeries, and craft shops.

You can find the coziest small towns in the US study here: https://mydatingadviser.com/best-small-towns-in-america/.

Best
Amy

Oneida NY is smack in the middle of UpState.
best be careful, this was a childhood friend of mine...

I just remembered this was in my photo history. It’s from the Capital District Welcome Center on the Thruway. Not definitive unfortunately

View attachment 9855
Well the natives are restless and suing NYS for the thruway going thu parts of The UpState.

Ha. I tried to get Junior to go to college in Utica.
Sneaky Falls was the inspiration for “It’s a Wonderful Life”, allegedly.
Utica’s the setting for "The Christmas Letter".
Chevy & Randy are back.
They’re lookin for extras...

Last edited:
No joke, growing up western Suffolk County folks all said that upstate started at the GW. There is a big world out there. My mind was blown as a teenager when I realized Binghamton is in the 'Southern' Tier.

Back