Summer Weather 2024

Hmm, I may be wearing the ski jacket I brought for Big SNOW after I get to Lake Placid tomorrow. 🙃

It's been wonderful weather up here the last few days. I'd offer to meet you for coffee or a beer, but I'm covid contagious at present.

It's been wonderful weather up here the last few days. I'd offer to meet you for coffee or a beer, but I'm covid contagious at present.
No worries. When I'm in Lake Placid for the North Country School alumni gathering, I pretty much just stay on campus. After the rain finished on Wednesday night, it's been wonderful weather. I fully appreciate that it's been cold enough recently that I don't need any bug repellent.

Hiked Balanced Rocks early on Thursday morning, meaning before breakfast. There is a private trail from the NCS campus. It was a group hike, together with the Exec. Director.

View of Round Lake and the North Country School/Camp Treetops barn (center), high peak is Algonquin.

View of NCT 22Aug2024

Cuse recorded the 2nd wettest August.
Saranac Lake had 30F last night.
It won’t be long now.❄️⛷️🏂

Cuse recorded the 2nd wettest August.
Saranac Lake had 30F last night.
It won’t be long now.❄️⛷️🏂
I'm enjoying the cool weather immensely, but it's fleeting. The overall autumn forecast is for above average temps. I'm fully expecting another brown December.

Great weather the last several days in CNY.
Gonna be wet Saturday then another nice stretch of great weather begins again.
Time to get after it & enjoy.
2024 salmon run has begun.

Back