Skiing and Riding On This Date

4F8643AF-5B44-46C9-9315-4D6A3325BC6B.jpeg

A day late ,Right Gully 4/21/13

Attachments

• 92DF22C5-FE54-41AE-8D4F-1F3570F5B866.jpeg
    92DF22C5-FE54-41AE-8D4F-1F3570F5B866.jpeg
    276.7 KB · Views: 84
That’s a very nice offer tski. I even have an original brochure.
View attachment 15147
The skis were from an old ski buddy of mine from high school who was cleaning out his garage. I told him I’d give them a proper last ride down Tux despite the camber being gone and the tips having what they now call “early rise”. That was also the last time I take a pair of 200cm skis up there. One of them has a completely separated topsheet. The other one is destined to be a shotski. An extreme shotski that is.

Beautiful country up there.
View attachment 15148
View attachment 15149
Those poles are still in my car for some reason.
I took the Volkl skis out a month ago but left the poles in the back bonding with some extra golf clubs.

Went to A Basin on June 5th once upon a time in the early '90s.
Folks I met playing golf with outside of Boulder said it was still open and should be fun so up I went.
Fingers got tingly due to thin air on the drive up.
It was amazing with decent snow up top and little streams to water ski thru at the bottom.
There weren’t many skiers that day and the sun evaporating snow made it look like it could rain if the clouds stayed in the same place too long.
There was a lot of snow and nice folks.

That’s a very nice offer tski. I even have an original brochure.
View attachment 15147
The skis were from an old ski buddy of mine from high school who was cleaning out his garage. I told him I’d give them a proper last ride down Tux despite the camber being gone and the tips having what they now call “early rise”. That was also the last time I take a pair of 200cm skis up there. One of them has a completely separated topsheet. The other one is destined to be a shotski. An extreme shotski that is.

Beautiful country up there.
View attachment 15148
View attachment 15149
Took em out of the car today for a photo session.
They’re missing some paint and ~1/2” of tip on the one.
Let em stand next to to one of the biggest leaved baby oak tree we got going.
1654729412280.jpeg

The squirrels planted the acorns.
I just made sure I didn’t run over em with the dang mower.
There’s a half dozen little oaks or so. This one is the biggest.

Last edited:
Back